Looking for 3" Deep Stainless Steel Cake Rings in 6" and 10"

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For some reason I am finding it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to find 3" Deep - Stainless Steel 6" & 10" Cake Rings.

I am able to find much smaller ones but literally nowhere online appears to sell ones of this size unless they're those terrible 'adjustable size' ones, which having used in the past, I never wish to use again!

I've attached an image to show what I'm looking for, I'm fairly new to baking and haven't needed one of these yet and I just can't comprehend why they're so hard to get hold of!?

Any help really will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rich
momofuku-birthday-cake-56-800.jpg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For some reason I am finding it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to find 3" Deep - Stainless Steel 6" & 10" Cake Rings.

I am able to find much smaller ones but literally nowhere online appears to sell ones of this size unless they're those terrible 'adjustable size' ones, which having used in the past, I never wish to use again!

I've attached an image to show what I'm looking for, I'm fairly new to baking and haven't needed one of these yet and I just can't comprehend why they're so hard to get hold of!?

Any help really will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

While the commercial production method of cutting cake layers from a sheet cake is standard in bakeries, home bakers only learned about it through Momofuku Milk Bar’s confetti cake recipe. Since the production method is not used by home cooks, the equipment used is not readily available in retail stores.

You will need to purchase through a restaurant supply store. Most restaurant supply stores are open to the public. Aluminum rings run under $10 per ring. Stainless steel are $15+ depending on size.

While I keep a box of full sheet size parchment paper, I’m too lazy to cut strips. Instead I use precut 4” acetate strips. I find acetate performs better in this application. And it’s more convenient than parchment paper.

Acetate strips are sold in a rolls and individual strips. Just google “4” acetate cake collar strips” or “4” acetate rolls”. If you want acetate strips wider than 4”, you can purchase large acetate sheets and cut custom size strips.

Online sources for cake rings

webstaurant.com
jbprince.com
wasserstrom.com

Manufacturers of 3” deep cake rings include:

• Parrish Magic Line (aluminum)
  • American Metalcrafters (aluminum)
  • Matfer Bourgeat (stainless steel)
My 10” is stainless steel cost about $22. Matfer Bourgeat I think—it’s not marked by manufacturer
The 6” is Magic Line aluminum I think I paid about $6 for it
BEE2C8D1-80BE-41D8-9B26-5B9A60460B0F.jpeg

I find a precut 4” acetate strip is plenty high for a cake tier. I use two strips in the 10” ring as the precut strips a not quite long enough, Since I do not use my 10” ring often it doesn’t make sense for me to invest in a 500 ft roll of acetate. I just buy individual strips.
1CAA1C42-B36F-4C60-B8F2-B866E16A50A6.jpeg

Ask a Question