31 DIY Ways To Make Your Backyard Awesome This Summer

Trellum

Reaction score
Hi guys! I know summer will be gone soon, but why not check out some of those ideas? Make the best out of this summer ;) ? I honestly thought many of those ideas were genius, while others not so much, remember they are 31, so take a look!

1. Set up a movie theater.

2. Plant a bunch of these giant allium flowers.

3. Build a super-simple tree house.

4. Add a beer cooler to your patio table.

5. Drill holes in your fence and fill with marbles.

6. Turn an old bunk bed into a stargazing loft retreat.

7. Make a giant Scrabble set.

8. Build a fire pit.

The rest of the ideas can be found here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/diy-ways-to-make-your-backyard-awesome-this-summer?sub=2108160_1016436%3Fsub%3D2108160_1012919&crlt.pid=camp.lQojbkFIQKIc#.glW99K7NDP

Ad

Advertisements

cupcakechef

Reaction score
I wish I was more handy around the house to try and get some of these done! I might have to convince the husband to help me out. I love the scrabble board - it would be so fun to have something like that in our yard for when we had guests visiting in the summer!

Trellum

Reaction score
I also liked that idea a lot, I think it would be a nice way to spend a while in the garden with the children, doing something as a family :) Did you check the rest of the ideas? I must admit I am also not good with DIY projects of this magnitude (I find them intimidating). But I might give the marbled fence a try ;)

cupcakechef

Reaction score
Yes I checked out the full list! So many fun ideas. I would also really love to have the outdoor cat run for my indoor cat. I think he would love something like that!

Trellum

Reaction score
Hahaha, me too!!!! I thought that was the most awesome idea ever, specially for a possibly highly bored cat that only spends his or her time indoors. I thought that was such a brilliant idea to be honest.

ThePinProject

Reaction score
Wow If I had some of those items in my backyard I would never leave the house haha Thanks for sharing!

Ad

Advertisements

Trellum

Reaction score
You are welcome :) I hope you decide to try one of those ideas before the summer us gone ;) Remember fall is around the corner already :) I personally hate this season, but I think some of those ideas look like a really fun project I could work on with my niece :)

cupcakechef

Reaction score
Hahaha, me too!!!! I thought that was the most awesome idea ever, specially for a possibly highly bored cat that only spends his or her time indoors. I thought that was such a brilliant idea to be honest.
My cat definitely fits that category...we got him a cat stroller recently so that we could take him out walking to ease some of that boredom! I wonder what my neighbors think!

Trellum

Reaction score
Awww! Lol, does he actually stay put in the stroller while you take him out for a ride? I have seen dogs in strollers before, but never a cat. I think my cat just would dart down if I open the door, might see it after one or two weeks.

cupcakechef

Reaction score
Awww! Lol, does he actually stay put in the stroller while you take him out for a ride? I have seen dogs in strollers before, but never a cat. I think my cat just would dart down if I open the door, might see it after one or two weeks.
It has a little mesh zipper cover that goes over the top so he can still see out but can't escape :) he would definitely go running off otherwise! It's weird though in a way because everyone expects it's another baby in the stroller!

Winterybella

Reaction score
I am seeing this a little late Trellum. I like the scrabble set except I'd have to sit on the ground. The movie scene would be lovely as well but it's late and I am so afraid of little creatures my overall experience might not be great.

Ad

Advertisements

ReadmeByAmy

Reaction score
I like the following list to make my backyard awesome this summer season:

1. Set up a movie theater - My family love to watch movies together and we are already doing this inside our house.
There is already a projector being set up in our entertainment room and everytime we
we like to watch a movie it is always ready. This is a good one for a change we will set up one in our backyard.

5. Drill holes in your fence and fill it with marbles - I like this idea because I like using marbles as accessories to my
home made decors. Maybe it will also be nice using marbles to design a fence.

20. Make an outdoor shower by connecting a hose - I think this will be fun taking a shower outside seeing the green
scenery like the trees and lawn grass around and you will really feel cool and refresh.

I hope we can make this 3 lists that I choose while the summer is not yet over.

Thanks for sharing this ideas!

Ask a Question