7 minutes banana crumb muffins with pictures . . .

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by Farhood, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Farhood

Farhood Member

sorry for my bad English in advance . . .

this is a super fast and easy and fun recipe for banana crumb muffins , it's the second best muffin recipe i have . . . they are so nice and moist and tasty .... now there is something i have to tell you the original recipe have a lot more sugar but over time i made some changes and made it perfect to my taste (I don't like too sweet) , so don't be afraid of changing things to your taste you might make it worst but you might also make it amazing , just remember make small changes you can't change the foundations of the recipe . . .

this will take you 7 min to make the dough and 20 min to bake . . .

first preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 fahrenheit . . .

okay , we have wet ingredients and dry ingredients , i'm gonna list them here . . .

dry ingredients :
    flour = 1 and 1/2 cup
    baking powder = 1 tsp
    baking soda = 1 tsp
    a pinch of salt

wet ingredients :
    bananas = 3 big or 4 medium (don't be shy on the bananas)
    sugar = 1/3 cup
    eggs = 1
    butter = 1/3 cup (or around 80gr)

the stuff on the top :
    brown sugar = 1/3 cup
    flour = 2 tbsp
    a pinch of cinnamon
    cold butter = 3 tbsp (it's around 1/4 of a stick of butter)

for measurement you can use a medium sized coffee mug , i did that before i got the measurement cups . . .
    ===========================================
    mix up the dry ingredients and put it aside . . .
    now peel the bananas , put them in a bowl and mash them good with a fork (it's better if they're ripe)
    add sugar to your bananas then mix and add already beaten egg and mix , now it's time for your butter (you can use it soft or microwave it) mix everything until it's smooth (this whole process gonna take 2-3 minutes no point over doing it !!) now put in the dry ingredients and briefly mix until they're mixed , it is very important to not mix too much , if you over work the flour you will make bread instead of muffins they will turn out dry and hard , you can mix the wet ingredients as much as you want but if you add the flour you cant mix too much [​IMG]

now mix the topping stuff and mash them with a fork (the cold butter needs some mashing to mix with the other stuff. . .) you don't have to over do it . . .

i can make 8-10 giant muffins with this , put the dough in the muffin liners and sprinkle the topping stuff generously on each one . . .

now put them in the oven for 17 min and then turn on the oven's top grill for exactly 2 more min and you're done , if you want to be sure use the toothpick method . . .

very important : remember , different ovens have different settings and temperatures even if you choose the same temperature doesn't mean it's the same in two different ovens , they might even distribute the heat differently and make the middle hotter than the sides , you have to experiment with your oven . . .

take them out , let them cool , and have fun , , ,

if you did it right they will look like this or even better . . .
    if you make it and like it please let me know . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Farhood, Aug 15, 2016
    Diane Lane and Becky like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Farhood

ashley0323 Well-Known Member

Those look simply delicious. Not like any other banana nut muffin I have seen. I believe I have all these ingredients too. Guess we know what i'll be making for desert tomorrow.

ashley0323, Aug 16, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Farhood

gracer Well-Known Member

They do look sumptuous! :) I like how you said you have modified the sweetness because I too don't like my treats to be too sweet. I tend to get tired of the taste too easily if they're too sweet. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. :)

gracer, Aug 16, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  4. Farhood

Farhood Member

thank you for the kind words , i don't even know what "sumptuous" means :D send me a pic here if you made it :p
    in my house these muffins simply disappear if i leave them alone for half an hour !!! i always have to hide one for myself !! :D

Farhood, Aug 16, 2016
    Winterybella and gracer like this.
  5. Farhood

gracer Well-Known Member

I will surely do @Farhood. :) Basing on the pictures you shared, I can see why they disappear immediately after you make them. Just looking at them makes me salivate already, what more if I smell them freshly baked? I could just imagine how the people in your household rushing to your kitchen to get a taste of those muffins every time you bake them.

gracer, Aug 16, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  6. Farhood

Farhood Member

well i have seen someone stare into the oven for 5 minutes when i was baking these :D

i'm making easy bake banana bread right now , i will put it's recipe up next . . .

thank you :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Farhood, Aug 16, 2016
    gracer likes this.
  7. Farhood

Becky Well-Known Member

They look and sound delicious! Welcome to the forum :)

Becky, Aug 16, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  8. Farhood

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Sign me up @Farhood. Banana bread is my favourite to make. It never fails me so something like this crumble should be great. Weclome to the forum by the way.

Winterybella, Aug 18, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  9. Farhood

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Oh wow, those muffins look amazing. Your English is fine, by the way. I had no trouble understanding your post at all. I've never attempted a topping like that, but I might be tempted. The recipe looks easy to understand, and quite doable. I don't have any bananas, but if I get some any time soon, I will try to remember to make these, because they look really yummy.

Diane Lane, Aug 18, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  10. Farhood

Farhood Member

wow everyone thanks you so much , i still have some grammar issues @Diane Lane :) ! i will definitely post more of my recipes !! i have a note book every time i make something new i write the recipe down in it and i keep making changes in it until it's perfect for my taste ! right now i just made the best pretzels ever !!!

Farhood, Aug 18, 2016
  11. Farhood

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Don't be offended when I say our dogs love muffin. It's actually a compliment when our dogs like a food that we have them taste. Sometimes we bring home a sweet bread that our dogs refuse to eat. But anyway, that banana muffin looks delicious and I'm sure I would enjoy it for my snack especially now that I am on a diet and not eating rice for meals. And even if I cannot bake it myself, thank you for sharing your recipe, fully appreciated.

Corzhens, Aug 23, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  12. Farhood

My dogs love almost everything I eat and there is nothing wrong with that in my humble opinion. @Farhood, do you like bananas? I am just through checking out your banana bread recipe.:)

Winterybella, Aug 23, 2016
    Corzhens and Farhood like this.
  13. Farhood

Farhood Member

i really like them but i'm actually mildly allergic to bananas and baking them is the only way i can eat them with no problem !!!

Farhood, Aug 23, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
  14. Farhood

I don't think I was a big fan when I was child and they were everywhere. In recent years with all the talk of all the health benefits I have become more interested in them. I am now a sucker for my banana bread maybe because it never fails me. When it comes to smoothies, bananas always provide me with the sweetness and balance I need in the drink. And oh...the 7 min idea is very appealing to me. I like quick and easy.

Winterybella, Aug 24, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
  15. Farhood

Farhood Member

i always loved them as a child mostly because i wasn't supposed to eat them , i develop sores in my mouth if i eat bananas or tropical fruits , it's almost completely gone now that i'm grown , but i still have the fear of it !!

Farhood, Aug 24, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
  16. Farhood

Isn't that something and you think fruits are the cure all. I can understand the more acidic fruits posing a problem but I never thought banana would contribute to anything negative. In recent years I find it has gained a lot of prominence as that fruit that is suppose to be good for just about anything. Anyway, I am glad you have grown out of it so to speak and I understand your fears. I have memories of peanut butter making me sick as a child and it's only recently I started eating it again. No issues so far.

Winterybella, Aug 27, 2016
    Farhood likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question