7-up bisquits

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? A friend of mine sent me the recipe for 7-up bisquits and the picture she posted on Facebook looks so delish!

Bisquick, sour cream, 7-up and butter!....

These are excellent!!!! So easy and soooo good! Recipe is hard to find so here it is:
7 Up Biscuits

4 cups Bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7-up
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix bisquick, sour cream and 7 up. Dough will be very soft - don't worry Knead and fold dough until coated with your baking mix. Pat dough out and cut biscuits using a round biscuit / cookie cutter. Melt butter in bottom of cookie sheet pan or 9x13 casserole dish. Place biscuits on top of melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown at 425 degrees

Reaction score
I have not tried them but I have heard that they are delicious. I would love to try them. I bet the 7-up would make the biscuits really fluffy and flaky. If you try them let us know how they turn out. If I had some 7-up I would bake some today!

Reaction score
I'd never thought of using 7-up in them! Although 7-Up seems to be quite rare to find in the UK nowadays, although less rare recently than it was in the '00s. They sound great too and i'd like to try them if I can find 7-Up.

Reaction score
I've seen this recipe on Pinterest and pinned it to try later. The photo of the biscuits looks amazing.

Reaction score
I would think it would work with the other types of soda like 7-up. I'm not an expert but I'm thinking it is the carbonation that does the trick. But, I wouldn't think you would want to put Pepsi or Coke in - instead!!! LOL :)
I would also like to know how these taste! It sure sounds super easy!
It sure seems like it would make a lot more than the 13x9 baking dish would hold! 4 cups of Bisquick seems like an awful lot!
If someone makes these can you repost how they turn out and if it made more than the recipe says??? :)

Reaction score
Good point about the carbonation. My sister-in-law has a meat dish she uses coca cola for, so I don't know if it's that outlandish a substitute! But for baking it might be a different matter :)

Reaction score
No, I haven't tried this recipe but I would love to. I wonder if I can modify this recipe with Sprite instead of 7 Up. I'm not seeing enough 7 Up nowadays. I'm even seeing Sierra Mist, but no 7 Up. I don't undersatnd why there's a shortage of 7 Up in the world. The recipe sounds good though.

Reaction score
I've seen the same thing, 7 Up is hardly ever one of the choices available. I have a friend who swears Sierra Mist is exactly the same thing since I guess they're both PepsiCo products. I think he's nuts.

Reaction score
I seen this recipe on Facebook the other day! Whoever posted it was comparing these biscuits to Popeye's biscuits! I LOVE their biscuits! In my opinion they are the best. I also love Cracker Barrel's biscuits. I love fluffy, flaky and buttery biscuits. Hate it when they are dry or "doughy" I have never "made" biscuits...I've only bought the ready to bake kind. I need to do this!

Reaction score
I seen this recipe on Facebook the other day! Whoever posted it was comparing these biscuits to Popeye's biscuits! I LOVE their biscuits! In my opinion they are the best. I also love Cracker Barrel's biscuits. I love fluffy, flaky and buttery biscuits. Hate it when they are dry or "doughy" I have never "made" biscuits...I've only bought the ready to bake kind. I need to do this!

Yes! I don't eat much fast food, but one of the things I love are Popeye's biscuits, and their wedges.

Now I'm hungry :p

Reaction score
I think trying to substitute Sierra Mist or Mountain Dew would result in a biscuit that is way too sweet. Mountain Dew would even make them that glowing green color too. Ha! Zombie biscuits.

7Up isn't too sweet, so it sounds perfect. I wonder how it would do with the diet type since that would add no additional sugar or calories.

Reaction score
I have never heard of these and look forward to trying the recipe. Any bread is good bread, right? What is the function of the sour cream? And does it impact the overall flavor of the bread? I love all bread but anything in the sourdough range can sometimes be a little much for me.

Reaction score
I came across this recipe online. It looks really easy to make. I thought this would be a really easy recipe to bake with children. It looks hard to mess up ,is short on ingredients, and most likely taste pretty good ,perfect for a beginner. Has anyone tried this bread?

Reaction score
This looks so simple and I've heard glowing reviews about it, but I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if other sodas would turn out just as well

Reaction score
There's also a gluten-free bisquick mix you can buy to make the same recipe, only gluten-free!
biscuits1_m.jpg

http://www.thriftyfun.com/Gluten-Free-Mountain-Dew-Biscuits.html

Reaction score
I think biscuiteer provided the answer. If it works with mountain dew, I am sure Sprite, Sierra Mist or any lemon lime soda would do. I love Popeyes biscuits too (as well as the red beans and rice!). Now I have to try these since there is such a buzz on them and they do look good.

Reaction score
I actually made this recipe. I saw it on Facebook, BUT, I thought I had 7-up but was out so I used ginger ale instead. I don't know how they were supposed to taste/be, but the end result with the ginger ale was just fine. Think I'll try the original 7-up version...

Reaction score
Ah! Good to know someone tried making them. Ginger Ale isn't a bad substitute. You're right. Nice to know that really worked out for you but I am curious, too, how much of a difference it will make with the 7-up.

This is a little off topic, but we used to put a little 7-up in the pan when we made ham. Kept it nice and moist too. :)

Reaction score
Even more interesting would be taste this bisquits with Seven Up Mojito, but I have only seen (and tasted) this version of seven up at some bars in the city.

Haven't see the mojito version at any store and, of course, it has no alcohol, just more sugar and a mint flavor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads