9 STAPLE SALAD DRESSINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO MAKE

Reaction score
I'm moving to the Netherlands very soon, and hopefully start a new life there in every sense; that includes leading a healthier lifestyle. So it wasn't just a happy coincidence I found this amazing post just today! I think everyone who enjoys eating salads should check this thread :) Loved how simple it is to make some of these salad dressings!

salad-dressing-recipes.jpg

http://www.blessthismessplease.com/2016/04/homemade-salad-dressing-recipes.html#_a5y_p=5354394

Reaction score
Awesome resource! I think it's also a perfect link since we are coming into summer - I always find that I eat so many salads at this time of year, and it's nice to be able to easily make a bunch of dressings to diversify them a bit! The peanut lime one sounds especially yummy!

Reaction score
Yum, I typically just use olive oil and vinegar these days, but it's good to have recipes for some others I enjoy, such as the honey mustard, Asian sesame and vinaigrette, thanks. When are you moving?

Reaction score
What is that dressing like, @ChesterV ? I've yet to try it. If you know any good recipe let us know :) I'm always looking for salad dressing recipes, specially now that I am trying to lose weight.

Reaction score
Yum, I typically just use olive oil and vinegar these days, but it's good to have recipes for some others I enjoy, such as the honey mustard, Asian sesame and vinaigrette, thanks. When are you moving?

I am traveling on June 28 :) It's been a while since I first told you I was moving, I think, hehehe. I didn't have any specific date back then because I was still busy with the paperwork. I can't express how happy i feel to be finally done with all that paperwork... It took me nearly one year to be done with everything, but I am finally traveling in 4 weeks.

Reaction score
Awesome resource! I think it's also a perfect link since we are coming into summer - I always find that I eat so many salads at this time of year, and it's nice to be able to easily make a bunch of dressings to diversify them a bit! The peanut lime one sounds especially yummy!

Thank you ;) FOr me the whole year is the perfect time for salads ;) Or at least it was until I started to eat badly, hehehe! But yeah, loved these dressing because they don't call for so many ingredients and are easy to make. I love that! Plus homemade dressing always beats the store bought ones.

Reaction score
Thank you ;) FOr me the whole year is the perfect time for salads ;) Or at least it was until I started to eat badly, hehehe! But yeah, loved these dressing because they don't call for so many ingredients and are easy to make. I love that! Plus homemade dressing always beats the store bought ones.

I agree - the fact that you also know what's going into them and there's no weird unpronounceable ingredients or chemicals or preservatives is nice too! Very natural!

Reaction score
What is that dressing like, @ChesterV ? I've yet to try it. If you know any good recipe let us know :) I'm always looking for salad dressing recipes, specially now that I am trying to lose weight.

I used to love French Dressing when I was little. Catalina is a lot like French dressing, but more ummmm......spicy?

French dressing, Catalina, and Russian dressing are all similar, I just like Catalina the best because it's the tangiest! (yeah, thats the word I was looking for!)

k2-_ee93e032-7122-466f-95e7-88aa065e31cd.v1.jpg

Here's a homemade recipe (I've never used this, I found it online)

Homemade Catalina Dressing

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash(R) Italian Medley)
Directions
  1. Blend sugar, red wine vinegar, canola oil, ketchup, paprika, onion powder, celery flakes, and seasoning blend together in a blender until smooth.

Ask a Question