9 STAPLE SALAD DRESSINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO MAKE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Trellum, May 27, 2016.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Trellum, May 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Trellum

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

Awesome resource! I think it's also a perfect link since we are coming into summer - I always find that I eat so many salads at this time of year, and it's nice to be able to easily make a bunch of dressings to diversify them a bit! The peanut lime one sounds especially yummy!

cupcakechef, May 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Trellum

ChesterV Well-Known Member

My favorite dressing is Catalina!

ChesterV, May 28, 2016
    Trellum likes this.
  4. Trellum

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Yum, I typically just use olive oil and vinegar these days, but it's good to have recipes for some others I enjoy, such as the honey mustard, Asian sesame and vinaigrette, thanks. When are you moving?

Diane Lane, May 31, 2016
  5. Trellum

What is that dressing like, @ChesterV ? I've yet to try it. If you know any good recipe let us know :) I'm always looking for salad dressing recipes, specially now that I am trying to lose weight.

Trellum, May 31, 2016
  6. Trellum

I am traveling on June 28 :) It's been a while since I first told you I was moving, I think, hehehe. I didn't have any specific date back then because I was still busy with the paperwork. I can't express how happy i feel to be finally done with all that paperwork... It took me nearly one year to be done with everything, but I am finally traveling in 4 weeks.

Trellum, May 31, 2016
  7. Trellum

Thank you ;) FOr me the whole year is the perfect time for salads ;) Or at least it was until I started to eat badly, hehehe! But yeah, loved these dressing because they don't call for so many ingredients and are easy to make. I love that! Plus homemade dressing always beats the store bought ones.

Trellum, May 31, 2016
  8. Trellum

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

I agree - the fact that you also know what's going into them and there's no weird unpronounceable ingredients or chemicals or preservatives is nice too! Very natural!

cupcakechef, Jun 1, 2016
  9. Trellum

ChesterV Well-Known Member

I used to love French Dressing when I was little. Catalina is a lot like French dressing, but more ummmm......spicy?

French dressing, Catalina, and Russian dressing are all similar, I just like Catalina the best because it's the tangiest! (yeah, thats the word I was looking for!)

[​IMG]

Here's a homemade recipe (I've never used this, I found it online)

Homemade Catalina Dressing

Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup white sugar
    • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    • 1/2 cup canola oil
    • 1/4 cup ketchup
    • 1 teaspoon paprika
    • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash(R) Italian Medley)
    Directions
    1. Blend sugar, red wine vinegar, canola oil, ketchup, paprika, onion powder, celery flakes, and seasoning blend together in a blender until smooth.

ChesterV, Jun 1, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question