Where to Find Quality and Affordable Kitchen Equipment

Reaction score
One of my favourite places to buy kitchen equipment is TKMaxx (UK) they have quality items at affordable prices which is why I get most of my pots and pans and bakery stuff there. Were do you get your kitchen equipment from?

Reaction score
TK Maxx? Interesting, I just looked that up on Wikipedia, and it looks like they are owned by the same company which operates as T.J. Maxx here in the US. I do like that store as well. When I first moved out I pretty much furnished my whole place with that store. They are also good for selling one-off odds and ends, so you don't need to buy a whole set of pans for example, you can just get an individual pan. I also got sets of glassware dirt cheap there - which I go through quite often because I'm constantly breaking them in the sink.

Another place I like to shop at is GFS (Gordon Food Service), they are a chain of stores here in the US that sells food in bulk and industrial kitchen utensils and equipment. They are aimed at supplying stuff for restaurants, but they are also open to the public and don't require any sort of membership fees like Costco or Sams Club.

Reaction score
Well i have purchased my kitchen equipment from a couple of stores however i must say my there are a few of them which i consider to be my favorite stores as i always get good quality at a great price; such stores are B.J's , T.J. Maxx and Walmart.

Reaction score
I used to like buying most of my kitchen supplies from Ross, but I have found most things at Crate and Barrel to be cheap too when they are on sale. I used to think the store was really expensive until I walked through it one day.

Reaction score
I haven't been in years,but I need to start cruising the local Good Will store again,at times they have some excellent stuff dirt cheap,I bought a bread machine for 4 bucks

Reaction score
You can find a lot of good equipment online these days. Check out Amazon. They will probably have anything you need under the sun.

Reaction score
I don't have a particular store for buying such things, since I don't really buy them very often. I'm a mature lady (lol, yeah right) now, so I've managed to gather a decent collection of kitchen equipment over the years. I really just don't have much storage space for all the goodies either. If I did, I'd have more of this stuff.

I agree that Amazon is a great choice though. They have everything, and you can get free shipping on purchases over $35.00.

Reaction score
I'm hurting for storage space too Zymi and I'm a mature male ;) lol I do have to say that made me laugh,the only thing I don't like about buying online is that you don't get it to hold it

and the measuring spoons that I bought,need to be about a half inch longer,they almost reach to the bottom of my longer spice bottles,but there a ton better than what I had

Last edited:
Reaction score
I usually buy from either discount stores or Ebay. Mostly from Ebay.

I will go to the department and specialty stores, find what I want or need, then go home and find it on Ebay for a heck of a lot cheaper than retail!!!!

Reaction score
I usually buy from either discount stores or Ebay. Mostly from Ebay.

I will go to the department and specialty stores, find what I want or need, then go home and find it on Ebay for a heck of a lot cheaper than retail!!!!

have you had any problems with stuff getting delivered or being ripped off, from Russia ?

lol i seen that on TV several years ago,that is why I mentioned Russia,these little towns would have like 6 or so Wells Fargo and other places that send cash ;)

Reaction score
have you had any problems with stuff getting delivered or being ripped off, from Russia ?

lol i seen that on TV several years ago,that is why I mentioned Russia,these little towns would have like 6 or so Wells Fargo and other places that send cash ;)

Russia?
I don't think I know what you are talking about.

If you are talking about buying off Ebay, I don't buy anything off Ebay that isn't for sale here in the USA.

I've been shopping and selling on Ebay since 1999 and have only been ripped off once. I would say thats a pretty good run.

Reaction score
they ran a special that showed how people were ripping off e bay buyers

is there a guide that you use ? I have a few things I'd like to post and sell on E Bay,but have never used it,till i sold my truck off of them this past fall

I was surprised at all the stuff that I read about people trying to rip me off,I was thankful that i had read up on some of the tactics for a car,like the fake checks and stuff,I did learn a lot from selling it

Reaction score
I'm sure there's con artists on Ebay, but I've only been cheated that one time. I filed a FBI internet fraud report on them. I don't know if anything ever happened, I never heard back from the FBI.

There's con artists everywhere. I worked retail for some years as a part time job, and I can tell you, they have NO shame, NO ethics, and NO morals!!!! They will lie to your face and tell you a sob story to cheat you out of anything they want!!!! Right there, in your face, in the store, in front of other shoppers!

I have to say, I have not had the bad luck of having to deal with Ebay scammers though.

There are certain things you want to look out for on Ebay.
1. Make sure the seller has more than 100 sales.
2. Make sure the seller has at least 95% POSITIVE feedbacks.
3. Make sure the seller is IN the United States...not just making a list FOR the United States.
4. Make sure they are registered with Paypal (Ebay owns them).
5. Make sure the seller gives refunds.

I've got some stuff to get rid of, but it's too much for listing on Ebay. I'm going to try and sell on Craigslist, since it's a lot of stuff. There are a few other online sales sites like that too, so I'm going to try those as well. I need to try and get rid of a lot of stuff before I move again.

Ask a Question