A No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by gracer, Aug 1, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! :)

I think I have mentioned in another thread that I'm a sucker for no bake cake recipes and I always try to find ways of creating cakes without having to use an oven. One of my all time favorite cake is the strawberry shortcake because I really love strawberries.

Here's a link to the no bake strawberry shortcake that I found while surfing around:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2015/03/no-bake-strawberry-shortcake-dessert/

gracer, Aug 1, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. gracer

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

Strawberry shortcake is one of my husbands favorites - so naturally I'll have to give this a try sometime soon! Even though I love baking it's nice to have some no bake options in the depths of summertime!!

cupcakechef, Aug 3, 2016
    gracer likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. gracer

gracer Well-Known Member

I agree @cupcakechef. Baking during the summer season when it could get really hot is certainly not as enjoyable as it should be. :) Good thing there are some no-bake options that could somehow serve as alternatives to the original baked goodies.

gracer, Aug 3, 2016
    cupcakechef likes this.
  4. gracer

Zyni Well-Known Member

Yeah, my husband is a fan as well. Strawberry shortcake is nice and refreshing. This sounds great to have without having to fire up the oven in this heat wave.

Thanks, @gracer.

Zyni, Aug 3, 2016
    gracer and cupcakechef like this.
  5. gracer

rz3300 Well-Known Member

Well I have to say that the no bake option does seem appealing and much less of a hassle then having to use the oven. I really do not have much experience with them, though, but I think that this is a good way to start. I happen to love strawberries, and this is the time of year when we can get them pretty cheap. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 5, 2016
    gracer likes this.
  6. gracer

gracer Well-Known Member

I'm happy to be able to share with you guys. :)

@rz3300 I too love strawberries and and I also usually take advantage of buying as much as I can consume during seasons when the price is really low. I love eating them raw and just adding some condensed milk but I also try and experiment on other ways to consume them.

gracer, Aug 5, 2016
  7. gracer

Zyni Well-Known Member

I'd probably change the recipe up, but it's great for inspiration. :D

There are also lots of other yummy looking goodies on that site as well. I have such a sweet tooth.

Zyni, Aug 5, 2016
    gracer likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question