Essential Baking Tools for Beginners

Reaction score
I'm sort of new to baking and I wanted to know about tools for baking. What is an absolute tool needed for baking in the kitchen. I'm trying to build upon my kitchen tools.

Reaction score
You need mixing bowls, mixing spoons, whisk, spatula, cookie sheet, muffin tin, round cake pans, loaf pan, and maybe a hand mixer.
You can always add more stuff later, but you can't do much of anything without these items.

Reaction score
A whisk and a mixer are two of my must haves. The whisk does the light duty jobs while the blender can do both light and heavy. Bowls, spoons and measuring cups/spoons are your basic must haves.

Reaction score
A good handmixer is a must if you can't afford to get a tabletop standup one. I love my handmixer because I can assemble it real quick and get the job done. They are sometimes much more convienient than getting the standup mixer ready to go.

Reaction score
I think a good whisk is a must, and a handmixer is great to have on hand, too. There are a lot of things that people will make you feel like you "need" (and some of those things are pretty cool) but I've made do with a pretty bare bones kitchen before, get some good essentials and you'll have a solid foundation at least.

Ask a Question