Adorable "baking bowls"

Reaction score
Hey, so I followed this link and if it's the right link you don't want to cook those bowls. It says they're microwave safe, not oven safe. It also isn't good for foods above 200 degrees. They're compostable so they may just melt in the oven. We used these kinds of compostable cups and bowls in an ice cream shop I worked in and the hot fudge could melt them.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! On their blog post about the bowls, they claim that they're okay in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. I think I'll contact the company to be sure. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd double check, but if their blog says it's okay then it probably is. The cups I used were made out of corn fiber. Maybe they found a way to make compostable cups out of a fiber that is more heat resistant. It was a few years ago when we started using them. I was working in a National Park so we were on the cutting edge of green. Maybe the product has improved since then.

Ask a Question