Advice on storing Christmas treats for ahead of time making

Reaction score
Hello fellow Baker's! I was wanting to make some Christmas treats ahead of time for my family friends. I plan on making two types of marshmallow based treats, sort of like then cornflake Christmas wreath and a rice crispy treat. Are those able to be made ahead of time, and if so what's the best way to store them to keep them fresh? Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
You can freeze them - never tried it myself though!

Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
From what I remember, freezing them doesn't work too well. The moisture in them will separate during freezing, and when they are thawed out, they are either really gummy or really soft and limp.

Depending on how far advance you are making them......

You can put them in an airtight plastic container and put it in the back of the fridge, or if you have a cold cellar or enclosed rear patio that is kept cool or cold, you can set them out there in the air tight container.

You have to be careful though, making anything with marshmallows will cause them to go soggy after a day or two.....they might stay up to a week, but you run the chance of them coming out soggy.

If you are doing other things foodwise, it might be better to do those first, and see what you can do ahead of time, and save these treats for making the day before they get to your house.

Ask a Question