Allergen info/ gluten free Uk

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’ve recently started up a baking business, which is going really well; however, I’m at a stumbling block over gluten free/ allergen info... I work from a home kitchen So there is always the risk that there could be gluten traces or any other allergen traces in my cakes (obviously I take all precautions to avoid any cross contamination, separate equipment for gf, and cleaning and also doing gf first) so do I just list the product as gluten free but then use a label to say about ‘may contain’ and list the 14 allergens?

I always label to say what my cakes do include, but it’s just the traces of ( like in my regular brownies the chocolate may include traces of nuts, gluten etc)

I’m freaking incase I make anyone Ill!
Please can someone help my anxious mind?!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’ve recently started up a baking business, which is going really well; however, I’m at a stumbling block over gluten free/ allergen info... I work from a home kitchen So there is always the risk that there could be gluten traces or any other allergen traces in my cakes (obviously I take all precautions to avoid any cross contamination, separate equipment for gf, and cleaning and also doing gf first) so do I just list the product as gluten free but then use a label to say about ‘may contain’ and list the 14 allergens?

I always label to say what my cakes do include, but it’s just the traces of ( like in my regular brownies the chocolate may include traces of nuts, gluten etc)

I’m freaking incase I make anyone Ill!
Please can someone help my anxious mind?!!

Welcome,

I stay well away from gluten free. You're opening yourself up to a can of worms unless you do GF exclusively.
If you get a letter from a lawyer.... you're done.
We also started a business from home, it was illegal but we transitioned to commercial space after 2 years.

Ask a Question