Almond Water

Reaction score
Recently, I received several bottles of this in plain, coconut and licorice flavors. Though I like almond milk and coconut water, I don't care for the taste of almond water. It is clear but very sweet. Are there any suggestions for recipes this could enhance? I'd hate to toss it.:(

Reaction score
I didn't even realise that there was such a thing as almond water - you learn something new every day! How about combining it with fruit in a liquidiser to make smoothies?

Oh and welcome to the forum! :)

Reaction score
I didn't even realise that there was such a thing as almond water - you learn something new every day! How about combining it with fruit in a liquidiser to make smoothies?

Oh and welcome to the forum! :)
Thanks! I believe this was purchased at an Asian store in my area. They have some tasty and interesting items but this was not one of them.

I think I would still taste the extreme sweetness in a smoothie but wondered how it would hold up in a recipe that is flavored with chocolate or Kahlua.

Reaction score
Maybe try it in cake or muffin batter. Almond oil is great in baked products so this may taste good as well. Are even use it to substitue
water in cookies. Just think of it added to Oatmeal Raisin cookies. That would probably be a good combination.

Reaction score
You could use it too cook hot cereal. You might want to try brewing coffee to create a unqiue flavor. Try buying unflavored gelatin and use this flavored water to prepare it.

Reaction score
Almond water would work great in some Indian desserts and sweets. They use almonds a lot and the rich, milky flavors go well with the almond water.

I'll try to find some and post them later!

Reaction score
Maybe try substituting a recipe that calls for regular water and use almond water instead? Brownies would be an idea or even maybe a cake of some sort.

I honestly never heard of almond water so this is new to me.

Reaction score
Fruitcakes would be great with almond water. I think things like hummingbird cake and puddings would be great with it as well. Basically any cakes that are fruit-based and are traditionally made with nuts.

Ask a Question