Alternatives to coconut

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I wanted some advice on recreating this cake by Yolanda Gampp https://howtocakeit.com/blogs/recipes/grenada-mega-cake but without the coconut. I want to make it for my boyfriend's birthday, as he's from the Carribbean and I think he'd appreciate the sentiment, but also I personally think it looks yum. Only problem is he isn't the biggest fan of coconut, so was hoping someone here would have a good suggestion on an alternative for the layers of chocolate covered coconut

Reaction score
If you don't like coconut why not just leave the coconut patty layers out all together? You can still get the chocolate flavour by adding some chocolate chips into the banana cake. Alternatively, if you want a bit of a crunch texture maybe make some tempered chocolate discs and use those in place of the coconut patties. Or a very thin disc of chocolate krispes/cornflakes.

Ask a Question