Amature

Reaction score
Helo my fellow bakers am a new member, i need help on how to bake sweet bread with a good recipe thanks.

hello and welcome to the forum. Sweet breads fall in a lot of different categories. Is there a particular type of sweet bread you’re looking for?

Reaction score
No, am ok with any one .Reason is am still a novice when it come to bread baking. I have try looking for where to learn bread baking but many bakery are not willing to train, that why i went online and found this baking forum. I have the intention of setting up a bakery. So any bread type send to me is ok. thanks

Reaction score
No, am ok with any one .Reason is am still a novice when it come to bread baking. I have try looking for where to learn bread baking but many bakery are not willing to train, that why i went online and found this baking forum. I have the intention of setting up a bakery. So any bread type send to me is ok. thanks

You cannot learn baking simply by making a recipe. And you certainly cannot learn commercial baking by using home baker recipes and techniques.

You must learn baking science and commercial baking techniques. Bread is especially difficult even though it has the fewest ingredients.

I recommend you buy a book titled Advanced Bread and Pastry A Professional Approach by Michel Suas. This is professional textbook, not a cookbook. It is used in pastry schools, so it has all the explanations about the science of baking.

You will learn to bake in baker’s percentages, which is the method used by professional bakers. That is the only was to bake properly. And it is the only way to keep your product quality consistent, batch after batch even if you scale the quantities up/down.

Because it is a professional textbook, it has a lot of more information in it. So it is not cheap.

The cheapest I have seen is Blackwell’s in UK. The price changes depends on where you live and your exchange rate on currency any given day. You can also buy it from the Michel Suas’ school, the San Francisco Baking Institute. I would NOT buy it on Amazon though as it is always way more expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads