an issue with my chocolate chips cookies . . .

Reaction score
hi .

i made cookies from two different recipes , but each time i make them into a ball they don't expand as much as i think they should and they end up raw in the middle . . . i have to press them down before putting them in the oven !
so what's the deal ? do i need more heat ? how do i make them expand ? i even doubled the butter and nothing happened !

Reaction score
What recipe did you use? It could just be a matter of the ingredients that were added. Certain ingredients act differently, and make them cook to different consistancies and some dont have those ingredients that help it "rise" so to say.

Reaction score
Well that sounds like a bummer. When I hear of anything not cooking through though I would say spread them out yourself a little bit beforehand and just do not rely on them doing it themselves. Other than that, maybe keep them in a little longer. Best of luck to you, and I hope you have gooey chocolate chip cookies soon.

Ask a Question