Anosmia

Reaction score
I am a recovering baker and despite doing everything asked of me, got a mild covid infection in early 2021,
I lost my sniffer completely as a result and so far I have recovered nearly nothing.

any advice or bakers that too have a lack of smell that can chime in would be lovely....

Reaction score
I am a recovering baker and despite doing everything asked of me, got a mild covid infection in early 2021,
I lost my sniffer completely as a result and so far I have recovered nearly nothing.

any advice or bakers that too have a lack of smell that can chime in would be lovely....
My great aunt was a professional cook. She lost her sense of smell and taste very young. It’s not so much smell that you need, but the ability to taste.

Knowing the characteristics like the look, texture, temperature of a dough/batter in each step of the process is important.

For consistency, using weight measurement instead of volume is critical. Weight measurement produces consistent results; volume is a guessing game

Without a sense of taste, my aunt got assistance from others for guidance on taste. She always asked others to taste and give her feedback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads