Another easy peasy bread

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me remember where I got this recipe, but it's one of the few recipes I've saved to give to my oldest for him to make himself when he's off on his own in the future. It's pretty hard to mess up and he say it's like store bought (although it doesn't last as long as store bough ;) ). No problems with rise and it doesn't seem too dense. Makes a pretty rad loaf every time. I don't eat it myself, so I can only go by the looks of it and my son's preference for it. Hopefully he's right and I'm not sharing a terrible loaf lol. if anyone tries it let me know what you think and what you would do to improve it if at all. Everyone who has tried it really seems to like it.

Makes 2 loaves

2 cups warm water
1/4 sugar
1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour (sometimes I only need 5 and use some of the 6th for kneading)

1. Dissolve the sugar in the water. Stir in yeast and allow to proof.

2. Mix in salt and oil. Add flour one cup at a time and knead on lightly floured service until smooth. Place in well oiled bowl, turning to coat. Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.

3. Punch down the dough. Knead for a few minutes and then divide in half. Shape into loaves and place in prepared loaf pans (9x5). Allow to rise again for 30 minutes or until dough rises 1 inch above pan.

4. bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your recipe! It looks fairly easy to make! I will definitely have to try this! Perhaps I will make it this weekend?!
The last time I made bread, something went terribly wrong. Somehow or another my loaf exploded in my oven...yes, really! It was awful! I haven't since had the courage to make bread, but your recipe looks less complex than the one I was using, so perhaps I will have better luck. :)
Thanks again for sharing!

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your recipe! It looks fairly easy to make! I will definitely have to try this! Perhaps I will make it this weekend?!
The last time I made bread, something went terribly wrong. Somehow or another my loaf exploded in my oven...yes, really! It was awful! I haven't since had the courage to make bread, but your recipe looks less complex than the one I was using, so perhaps I will have better luck. :)
Thanks again for sharing!

You're welcome! If you do try it, let me know how you like it and if you would change anything. My oldest son can make this on his own.. the hardest part for him is getting the temp of the water right for proofing lol. Otherwise, turns out beautifully every time :)

Reaction score
You're welcome! If you do try it, let me know how you like it and if you would change anything. My oldest son can make this on his own.. the hardest part for him is getting the temp of the water right for proofing lol. Otherwise, turns out beautifully every time :)
I tried this bread over the weekend. It was super easy and it tasted delicious! My husband loved it! I was really impressed with how simple it was to make it. It turned out great! Thanks again for sharing the recipe! :)

Ask a Question