Any Good Banana Bread Recipes?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good banana bread recipe. I tried my hand at making some banana bread a while back and it was alright but not quite what I had in mind. Now that I have some bananas I am thinking about letting them get ripe so that I can try to make banana bread once more. Any good recipes that you all would recommend?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well whadaya know rsrrobinson! I just joined this forum two minutes ago and the first title I see is "Any Good Banana Bread Recipes?" And, it just so happens that about ten minutes ago, I just took a lovely loaf of banana bread out of my oven. Obviously, this new relationship with Baking Forums was written in the stars! But, back to da bah-nah-nah bread. I'm sure there are so many twists and fancy turns on this old-fashioned quick bread, but I have always used the recipe from what I call my "grandma food" cookbook: Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. The recipe I use is out of an older edition that's pink and has the breast cancer awareness ribbon on the cover--I can't find the copyright information anywhere to see what year it came out, but it's called "Celebrating the Promise: Limited Edition." The reason I'm going into detail here is because Better Homes recipes vary from cookbook to cookbook. I'm so old-fashioned, I was going to type it out, but voila! Here is the link: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/quickbreads/banana-bread/. I don't use the cinnamon or nutmeg, preferring my banana bread to taste all banana-y; I also do not use the Streusel-Nut topping because this bread is already a resident of Candy Land (oh yes, breads can live in Candy Land too). The directions instruct the baker to wrap the loaf when cool and store overnight before slicing. Luckily, no BGH police come around if you sneak a slice before the next morning. It is true, however, that banana bread ripens to a delicious state of scrumptiousness overnight! I actually took pics of today's bake, thinking a banana bread photo shoot may come in handy if I ever create a blog. And so, ta da! Here is the finished product. Just a humble, homely loaf. Ho hum. Ahhhh, but then you taste it . . . of course, I would never do such a thing until the next day or maybe . . . well, it wouldn't hurt just to take a little off the end, would it?

Attachments

• Banana Bread.jpg
    Banana Bread.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 595
Reaction score
Just want to add, too, that I use Giant Eagle brand light olive oil, rather than vegetable oil or butter as the recipe instructs. Ahhh, and yes, I have this dark, non-stick bread pan (curses!), so I set the heat at 325 degrees, rather than the 350 degrees per the recipe.

Reaction score
My favorite banana bread recipe is also the simplest one I have used.

You'll need...
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3-4 ripe bananas (ripe is better but they do not have to be ripe)
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  1. Cream butter and sugar together
  2. Add eggs, mixing well after each
  3. Add crushed bananas, mix well (I mash mine with my potato masher)
  4. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together and add to the batter mix, blending until smooth
  5. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan
  6. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes at 350* F
Use organic, whole ingredients where possible and enjoy!

Reaction score
Banana Bread has always been a favorite of mine and this sounds yummy. I don't want any added stuff, but pecans or hickory nuts could be a good additive. Elvis would probably want peanut butter, which I like with a banana sandwich but not so sure how it would work with banana bread except as a spread.

Reaction score
I use the basic recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and add nuts and chocolate chips. The secret I have found to make very moist bread is to remove it from the pan when it is just cool enough to handle and then wrap it up quickly in wax paper and then tin foil and leave it on the kitchen counter overnight. The heat steams the bread and it is perfect the next morning!

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good banana bread recipe. I tried my hand at making some banana bread a while back and it was alright but not quite what I had in mind. Now that I have some bananas I am thinking about letting them get ripe so that I can try to make banana bread once more. Any good recipes that you all would recommend?

Thanks!

Check this out: https://durofy.com/easy-to-make-banana-bread-recipes/

Reaction score
Sure! Here's a simple yet delicious banana bread recipe . Mash ripe bananas, mix with eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Bake at 350°F for about an hour. It's moist, flavorful, and perfect for using up those ripe bananas! Enjoy baking! Also do not forget to stay in shape after such bread. years come and go but calorie intake is unchanged

Ask a Question