Anyone bake wholewheat bread?

Reaction score
As yummy as white bread is wholewheat bread is better for us and l'm thinking of making wholewheat bread, l've never done it before so l'm hoping it goes ok:)has anyone made a wholwheat loaf succesfully?

Reaction score
I have made it in my bread machine, and sometimes it turns out perfect, and sometimes it gets too heavy and crashes after it is done baking, or at least almost done.
I like to add things like shredded carrots to the whole wheat recipe, and even sprouted wheat berries are totally delicious in the bread . As long as I don't get too carried away adding stuff, it seems to do okay, but sometimes, I just don't know when to stop saying "maybe a bit of this would be good" and then the poor bread tastes fine' but is as heavy as cement.
Works fine for stuffing when I do that to it though, so I can usually still use it even when we don't want to use it for sandwiches or toast.

Reaction score
I tried from scratch and it was a disaster. I got some premade dough from my local Fresh and Easy Market and made foccacia and some small loaves and it came out great. Many stores sell it and they have interesting types in addition to whole wheat, like rosemary and its been a great "cheat" for me.

Ask a Question