Anyone have a good recipe for English Muffins?

Reaction score
I've tried a couple recipes and, although, they tasted fine, they didn't have the right texture.

You might have realized, by some of my other posts, I'm very frugal. We can buy them here, at SAMs Club, but they are $7 for 8.

I'd like to find a, go-to, recipe that I can bake for my mom, who misses them.

Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe!

I'll have to find a substitute for castor sugar, as there is no such thing as superfine sugar here. I've never seen sugar so coarse in my life. It's not even white. I'm not sure we have fast rise yeast here either. I'll be sure to look when I am in the grocery store tomorrow.

Reaction score
I never thought of making my own english muffins. I stopped buying them because they got a little pricey for me.

I would love to try this but I don't really eat sweets and it seems like a lot of sugar. I usually cut down the sugar so that it HAS the sugar but you cant really taste it. Is the amount of sugar in the recipe noticeable in the taste?

Also, there's no caster sugar around these parts. Any suggestions on substituting?

Ask a Question