Anyone have a tried and true cheese scone recipe?

Discussion in 'Savory' started by MarshCat, Jul 19, 2016.

1. MarshCat

MarshCat Member

I was wondering if anyone has a tried and true cheese scone recipe?

I had these when I was studying in England and they are so tasty. But I'm kind of nervous about trying a recipe. Even if you don't have a cheese one you use, do you have a basic plain scone recipe you've used and had good success with? I'm sure I could probably add the cheese to a good basic recipe.

Thanks in advance!

MarshCat, Jul 19, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. MarshCat

Becky Well-Known Member

Becky, Jul 20, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. MarshCat

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Those look really yummy, Becky. They look like American biscuits, but I know we and the UK differ on recipes for scones and biscuits. I'd eat them either way, because they look delicious. I only have a few small cutters, so I guess if I want to try this recipe, I'll have to pick up some larger ones.

Diane Lane, Jul 22, 2016
    Becky likes this.
  4. MarshCat

MarshCat Member

Wow, those do look yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I have used BBC recipes many times, so I am sure that's a good one to work with.

British scones vs. American biscuits, yes they can be different. I studied in England for a while and made a lot of British food. :) I find that in general British scones are bit denser/heavier than our biscuits, but that's not always the case of course. Also, they tend to have more flavored ones where we usually have a plain biscuit.

My favorite biscuit I had in England was a ginger one. It had pieces of candied stem ginger in it and I had rhubarb jam on top. YUMMY.

Anyway, thank you for the cheese scone recipe. It's going in my folder!!!

MarshCat, Jul 22, 2016
    Becky likes this.
  5. MarshCat

rz3300 Well-Known Member

I am officially adding this one to the list of things to keep an eye out for. I cannot say that I have ever seen one of these, but I am really curious now, and it sounds like something that is really heavy, but in a really good way. Probably not the healthiest thing, but oh well.

rz3300, Sep 23, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question