Anything you refuse to bake?

Reaction score
Is there anything you refuse to bake because it is too hard or you just don't like it? I can't stand lemon meringue pie and so I refuse to make it. The lemon filling is like jelly goo and I think meringue is gross. What about you?

Reaction score
Haha I love lemon meringue pie! :D

I think I'm willing to give anything a go really. That being said, I really don't like blue cheese so probably wouldn't be keen to bake with it!

Reaction score
I am not going anywhere near the decorating aspect of things in any hurry. As it relates to the actual baked goods, I would try most anything if I thought others would eat it.

Reaction score
I guess for me it would only be things that I didn't really care for the taste of the ingredients in. But in saying that, I like most baked goods (dangerous, I know!)

I get intimidated by making certain things, like soufflé or meringue, but I would still give them a whirl as long as I had a decent recipe. Practice makes perfect, right? :)

Reaction score
Is there anything you refuse to bake because it is too hard or you just don't like it? I can't stand lemon meringue pie and so I refuse to make it. The lemon filling is like jelly goo and I think meringue is gross. What about you?
My mother used to make a very good lemon meringue pie. It looked to be pretty tedious. For me it's always been a task to make pineapple upside down cake. My mother had taught me an easy recipe, but I never can make it as good as she made it. For that reason I've retired it from my armory of recipes.

Reaction score
I think when it comes to baking I am not that perfectly good and only simple and easy baking recipes like cupcakes, brownies, banana breads and tarts are the ones that I like to bake. And I refuse to bake those recipes that requires longer baking hours and are tedious to make.

Reaction score
I have never done anything with meringue, and I really don't intend to. I don't really care for meringue anyone, and even though it looks pretty, it seems like more trouble than it is worth. I'll stick to simpler stuff that I do enjoy.

Reaction score
The more I think about this thread the more I am thinking they won't be much if anything I would REFUSE to make. I am thinking that if you put me in the kitchen with someone who really knows what they are doing I would even attempt the fancy decorating. Alone is one thing but with capable help leading the way I might be down for anything.

Reaction score
Fondant may make beautiful decorations, but it tastes like......well, you know. So, I have never used it. I prefer to make different grades of frostings for decoration purposes rather than waste my money on fondant.

As far as actual items, I don't make things with filo dough. I love filo, but I will not work with it. It is very high maintenance to work with, and I don't do high maintenance.

I also do not make "full service" breads. That's where you make them completely from scratch, let them rise, work them, let them rise, work them again, and then cut them for baking. If I can't make a bread in my bread machine, forget it. LOL

Ask a Question