Apple Chewy Cookies

Reaction score
You've got to expect a bit of a change in consistency once they are cooled - have you tried baking them for longer? May just be the recipe, of course.

Reaction score
I once had them in a hotel lobby. They use to keep the cookies there. They were so yummy and firm... not soggy one bit. As you say could be the recipe. And yes I have tried baking for longer .

Reaction score
Ingredients
* 1 cup butter
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ¾ teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup Kraft Caramel Pieces
* ½ cup mini cinnamon chips
* 2 small gala apples, peeled, cored, and diced

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl or standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. While mixing, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in the caramel, apples, and cinnamon chips. Make sure the apples, caramels, and chips are evenly distributed (if they clump up in the cookies, the cookies won't cook evenly).
4. Place golf ball sized scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown. Let rest for a minute or two on baking sheet before removing to wire rack to cool.

This is the recipe

Reaction score
I would have thought that the extra moisture would be coming from the apples. I think the only thing you could try would be cutting them up smaller perhaps, or maybe using dried apples instead.

Ask a Question