Apple Crisp With Oat Topping

Reaction score
I love making apple crisps because they're so easy. The ingredients are what bakers usually have on hand, other than the apples, perhaps. I use pretty much any apples I tend to have at home, but this particular recipe calls for Honey Crisp apples, which are delicious. This particular recipe uses old fashioned oats. I've seen others that use instant oats, so if you only have the instant on hand, there are plenty of recipes out there, just do a quick search. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/229088/apple-crisp-with-oat-topping/

Attachments

• apple crisp.jpg
    apple crisp.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 542
Reaction score
I'm loving the fall theme of all the recipes you have posted recently, @Diane Lane ;D I truly love fall, it's one of my favorite seasons mostly because the weather cools down and the food that represents this season is just too awesome to ignore! Long life to the pumpkin and apple pies <3 ! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I love cinnamon and apples <3 Perfect with ice cream! I'm pinning it!

Reaction score
I'm loving the fall theme of all the recipes you have posted recently, @Diane Lane ;D I truly love fall, it's one of my favorite seasons mostly because the weather cools down and the food that represents this season is just too awesome to ignore! Long life to the pumpkin and apple pies <3 ! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I love cinnamon and apples <3 Perfect with ice cream! I'm pinning it!

I love Fall, also, @Trellum it's a time of many family birthdays, as well as Thanksgiving, of course, and the lead in to Christmas, my favorite holiday. I come alive in the Autumn, when the air cools off, and have so much more energy that I can channel into baking and other cooking. In addition, pumpkin, apples, and their accompanying spices, have always been top choices of mine, so I'm over the moon right now. Apple crisps are the best. I have made this with peaches also, which is of course also delicious. I made it with cranberries as well, but I think if I do that again, I'll either use fresh, or mix the canned cranberry sauce (I was in a rush for a dessert) in with apples.

Reaction score
@Diane Lane I should call you Autumn then ;) Everything about autumn is perfect, isn't it? Since you got a lot family birthdays around that date I bet you link Autumn to so many wonderful memories. I have very fond memories as well... when I was a teen. Back then I had no real worries, now that I do I look back and remember those times... gosh, that cool autumn breeze and clean air!

Please keep those autumn recipes coming :) I love how simple all the recipes you post are, I like easy recipes with few ingredients! I love them!

Ask a Question