Apple crumble perfect for the kids

Reaction score
I decided to let my kids run wild in the kitchen and they decided to cook apple crumble after debating for 15 minutes! I didn't realise how easy making apple crumble is and l just stood there and watched them follow the recipe. The only thing I did was boil the apples and they did the rest:)

Reaction score
Oh nice!! What a great idea. My sons live to bake and cook too. We have never made apple crumble.

Reaction score
Is apple crumble also referred to as apple crisp? Something I ate when I was young but have not made as an adult. Where do you usually find your recipes?

Reaction score
That's a great idea. Easy to cook, fun for the kids and very good to eat. The best desserts are simple and delicious.For an apple crisp I don't use a recipe per se. I just put it together. Baked apples with a crust. Hard to go wrong with it. If you don't want to make the crust use cake mix and crumble some butter and nuts (or whatever you like. Put it on top of the apples and the butter melts into the cake mix making a nice crust.

Reaction score
We absolutely love Apple crumble here.. and there are actually so many ways to make it, so I'm happy to still have it in rotation :)

Reaction score
I did this with my niece , she had so much fun! I have an apple cutter that peels and slices that apples, it is great because it allows children to help ut the apple too. Apple crisp is a real hands on recipe let kids get involved.

Reaction score
Oh we love apple crumble too with custard mmmmm so nice especially on a cold night. We made some just last week.

Reaction score
How fun! and tasty, I'm sure =). I love that you let them do the majority of it and just supervised, what a gift you're giving them. I do the same thing with my son and I'm often impressed with the results. Kids are more capable than some people give them credit for and I think it's important that they know that, too, so they don't expect everyone to do everything for them.

Ask a Question