Apple pie oatmeal

Reaction score
I saw this and I thought it looked delicious, so I had to share it with all you guys! This is an easy crockpot dessert, I hope you like it! This is for all the apple fans out there ;)

73925cdbd0dbcb4bbb44e2c22cc050bb.jpg

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/12/crockpot-recipe-for-make-ahead-apple.html

Reaction score
Anything with an ingredient of an oatmeal I would not hesitate in trying a recipe. What I am usually baking is an Oatmeal raisin cookies. I will surely check this one for a change and one thing there is an apple and both are healthy to eat that is why it is interesting to me. @Trellum Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Reaction score
That looks really good, and healthy, too. Seeing this conjured up images of cold Fall and Winter days long ago, when I would be eating a hot breakfast before heading out to school :). I'll have to look for one that involves maple, too!

Reaction score
Something about that doesn't look appetizing. It looks like a bowl of "barf". Excuse my grossness. I'm sure it tastes wonderful though I'd still give it a taste test.

Reaction score
I love eating oatmeal for breakfast as the weather gets cooler. I often make my steel cut oats in my rice cooker! I guess it works much the same as a slow cooker does for making the oats, plus then they're warm and ready to go in the morning - no rushing around required!

Reaction score
I love eating oatmeal for breakfast as the weather gets cooler. I often make my steel cut oats in my rice cooker! I guess it works much the same as a slow cooker does for making the oats, plus then they're warm and ready to go in the morning - no rushing around required!

@cupcakechef Do you make other things besides rice (and steel cut oats) in your rice cooker? I don't have a rice cooker, but have considered buying one. Having a thread about other recipes that could be cooked in a rice cooker could sway me in that direction, since I might then be able to justify the cost of the purchase *hint hint* :p.

Reaction score
@cupcakechef I need to get a rice cooker as well! I don't eat rice very often, but I definitely enjoy consuming oats :) Plus occasionally we enjoy cooking some rice, I've heard a rice cooker can be used for other things... like for example for cooking tamales :p I really have to try that out!

Reaction score
Something about that doesn't look appetizing. It looks like a bowl of "barf". Excuse my grossness. I'm sure it tastes wonderful though I'd still give it a taste test.

Lol, I have yet to see barf that looks as good as this, it sounds like you have been way more lucky than me in this department ;)

Reaction score
That looks really good, and healthy, too. Seeing this conjured up images of cold Fall and Winter days long ago, when I would be eating a hot breakfast before heading out to school :). I'll have to look for one that involves maple, too!

You could try adding some to this one :) I am sure it would taste amazing. I think I will go this a go in the future oats is so healthy and seems to be the only thing that helps me stay full longer.

Reaction score
Anything with an ingredient of an oatmeal I would not hesitate in trying a recipe. What I am usually baking is an Oatmeal raisin cookies. I will surely check this one for a change and one thing there is an apple and both are healthy to eat that is why it is interesting to me. @Trellum Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Glad to hear you will give it a try! I have yet to eat or prepare things with oats :) I don't have a lot experience with it, so far I have only tried the instant one. Is that the one you use for making those cookies?

Reaction score
@Trellum I am usually using the rolled oats instead of the instant one... But there are recipes that make use of instant oats or either rolled oats and it depends.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@cupcakechef I need to get a rice cooker as well! I don't eat rice very often, but I definitely enjoy consuming oats :) Plus occasionally we enjoy cooking some rice, I've heard a rice cooker can be used for other things... like for example for cooking tamales :p I really have to try that out!

Whaaaaat, tamales in a rice cooker?! I need to find out about this too! I've really only cooked rice and my oats in mine...but I have heard a whole host of things that can be made in them too, like cakes and everything! I'm really curious about the tamales now, though!

Reaction score
Whaaaaat, tamales in a rice cooker?! I need to find out about this too! I've really only cooked rice and my oats in mine...but I have heard a whole host of things that can be made in them too, like cakes and everything! I'm really curious about the tamales now, though!

I've yet to try it myself, but my future mother in law said the rice cooker can act as a small steamer, so you just place the tamales all wrapped up in there, add some water to the bottom and that's it ;) I have yet to try it though, but I might by the end of next year and will surely let you guys know how it goes =D

Reaction score
@Trellum I am usually using the rolled oats instead of the instant one... But there are recipes that make use of instant oats or either rolled oats and it depends.

I had to read a whole article in order to tell the difference between rolled oats an steel cut ;) Thanks for taking the time to reply, sadly I have never seen the steel cut or rolled variety over here :O

Reaction score
what is the difference between rolled oats and the quick ones ? I assume it is just the difference in how they are ground or cut ?

Ask a Question