Apple pie

Reaction score
Pardon me if this thread is misleading. I just want to post about the apple pie that I bought in an upscale supermarket. It is pretty cheap so I didn't hesitate. However, the apple pie has very sweet fillings and although the apple slices are okay, the syrup is too sweet that it ruined the good taste of the crust. I would buy it again if only for the crust but the filling is not palatable to me. I don't know if that one is just a lemon. Here is the pic
IMG_3429 apple pie.jpg

Reaction score
You must have a ton of time for making this kind of stuff, for real. It definitely looks delicious, I'd like a slice of that :p
You should share your recipe and your tricks to make it end up like that.

Reaction score
I think you'd probably be better off buying pie crust and apple filling and baking it yourself if you want to go with a store bought option, @Corzhens. You might even try the frozen pies that you can "take and bake." I'm just not a fan of pre-baked pies off the shelf. They rarely taste as good as they look.

Speaking of apple pie, I've been craving it. My daughter makes a really good one with a crumble topping. It's similar to one my mother used to bake, which she called Dutch Apple Pie. Delicious.

Reaction score
@Zyni, I have a daytime work hence I cannot promise myself to do some baking. But for Halloween, I am planning to bake something for the children in the neighborhood. It can be a pumpkin pie, the real pumpkin that I will try to buy from the supermarket that sells imported goods. But I am thinking of mixing pumpkin with gourd so the taste will be diluted. Take note that we are not used to eating pumpkin pie that's why I want a mix that will have a native flavor.

Ask a Question