If a cake recipe comes with the following instructions, do you think the glaze should be applied with the cake is still in the bundt pan? Look a the glaze recipe. That's a lot of stuff to try to make a cake soak up if you just pour it over the cake once it's out of the pan. What do you think?
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan or a10 x 4” tube pan.
- Crumble nuts in bottom of pan.
- In large mixing bowl put cake and pudding mixes.
- Add rum, water, oil, and eggs.
- Mix for two minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove cake and pour on hot rum glaze. Don’t be alarmed when the glaze seems to affect the cakes height. It is helping the cake to settle.
The Glaze recipe:
• 1 cup sugar
• One stick butter
• 1⁄4 cup light rum
• 1⁄4 cup water
Yes, I know this is all about using a cake mix, but it's for serving to young men in large quantities in the military, so we're not doing scratch cakes in volume.