Are there any cakes you don't like?

Reaction score
I am finding I and many I know are not great fans of the "red velvet" cakes and cupcakes. Its not just the unearthly color but the taste too.

Reaction score
I don't like cakes with coconut! It makes me gag! Sorry for the visual! I think it ruins a cake to put coconut in it! Lol!

I also don't like red velvet - I think it is kind of dry and boring and I'm not sure what all the fuss is about it! :)

I prefer anything chocolate all the way! Of course, not German chocolate since it has coconut! :)

Reaction score
I can't think of a cake flavour I haven't liked! I much prefer moist cake, if it's too dry I don't like it but that's not a flavour thing.

I always think I don't like coffee cake but actually if I eat it I love it - must be a throwback to my childhood!

Reaction score
I can't think of a cake flavour I haven't liked! I much prefer moist cake, if it's too dry I don't like it but that's not a flavour thing.

I always think I don't like coffee cake but actually if I eat it I love it - must be a throwback to my childhood!

Isn't that funny, how sense memory with food can bring back so many memories? I guess it's because it is so related to taste, and foods are very place specific to boot.

Reaction score
I don't like German chocolate cake . there is just too much going in one cake. The texture is also to rough for me. This cake also has too man nuts and is way to sticky.

Reaction score
Its not that I don't like coconut but I am allergic to it, so I don't like cakes or any dessert with coconut. Other than that, I haven't met a cake I didn't like!

Reaction score
I like all kinds of cake flavors myself, just don't like certain add-ins like raisins or nuts

Oh god, I hate raisins in things. Nuts I do like, but raisins are just the wrong texture to bite into unexpectedly, imho.

I like raisings fine on their own, or even in salads, but in cakes or especially in cookies they're my bane.

Reaction score
Oh god, I hate raisins in things. Nuts I do like, but raisins are just the wrong texture to bite into unexpectedly, imho.

I like raisings fine on their own, or even in salads, but in cakes or especially in cookies they're my bane.

I do however, like a good bran muffin with some raisins, then its ok. The dense muffin helps

Reaction score
I do however, like a good bran muffin with some raisins, then its ok. The dense muffin helps

This is true. I don't think I've ever had a bran muffin without raisins in it. In that case they help break up the texture and add a little moisture. But I rarely get bran muffins ;)

Reaction score
I do not like lemon cakes, not exactly sure why they just don't appeal to me. I don't really like lemon flavored anything but especially cake. I feel like it has a weird after taste or the texture or something. Also I don't like red velvet cakes. Just doesn't sit rite.

Reaction score
I have not beem able to think of a cake I don't like. I like all kinds, but I will say that my least favorite is fruit cake.

Reaction score
I normally don't like cakes with fruits in them or raisins. The only exception to this would be strawberries and blueberries; they're really tasty. I don't like lemon cakes either; I had one for m birthday when I was 9 and I didn't like the taste of it at all. I love cakes with nuts and chocolate in them, the nuts give an added crunch that I enjoy.

Reaction score
I normally don't like cakes with fruits in them or raisins. The only exception to this should be strawberries and blueberries; they're really tasty. I don't like lemon cakes either; I had one for m birthday when I was 9 and I didn't like the taste of it at all. I love cakes with nuts and chocolate in them, the nuts give an added crunch that I enjoy.
I like cakes with chocolate and nuts as well. My family usually has cake on holidays and special occasions, but lately my sister has been making more pies than cake. I do not mind because it all tastes good.

Reaction score
Like others, I don't like red velvet; it's usually dry, I don't really want to be eating something with that much food coloring, and the flavor leaves much to be desired. I don't like nuts in or on top of cakes either, as I don't like the sudden change in textures.

Reaction score
I love red velvet cake as long as it is made right. There are some people who are good at making it and there are some people who don't need to attempt this cake ever.

Reaction score
I don't like cakes with peach or mango marmalade, and truly nasty if this is the toping.

I like both peaches and mangoes as natural fruit, but I can't stand their taste when they are turned into either marmalade or nectar juice.

Ask a Question