Are there any cakes you don't like?

Reaction score
I have never had peach or mango marmalade and it doesn't sound goid to me. I like these two fruits too, and I don't think I would like them if they were made into a marmalade.

Reaction score
I like all kinds of cake flavors myself, just don't like certain add-ins like raisins or nuts

Me too. I can eat just about any kind of cake there is, but I don't like raisins in baked goods. I don't like prunes in cookies either. A neighbor of mine gave me cookies with prunes in them and I thought they tasted gross.

I detest orange marmalade, so if someone used it as a cake filling, I wouldn't eat that cake.

Reaction score
Me too. I can eat just about any kind of cake there is, but I don't like raisins in baked goods. I don't like prunes in cookies either. A neighbor of mine gave me cookies with prunes in them and I thought they tasted gross.

I detest orange marmalade, so if someone used it as a cake filling, I wouldn't eat that cake.

I love citrus, but am allergic to all citric acid, so I cannot eat orange, lemon, etc. :(
I injected cupcakes one time with the marmalade for experimenting purposes and broke my injector. Duh. Rinds are hard to get through an injector.

Reaction score

I would not want to eat cookies with prunes in them either. I hate prunes and I can imagine them not tasting any better in a cookie.

Reaction score
I don't really like angel food cake. I know that its made with egg whites but it tastes strongly of egg whites to me. I'm not a huge fan of dried fruits in my cake either. That's more of a muffin territory. Red velvet can be a bit dry tasting if not made right. I prefer the ones that have cocoa in them.

Reaction score
I don't like most cakes, honestly. I mean I have definitely had some great slices of cake but as a general rule, I'm much more of a pie person!

Reaction score
I usually am a huge fan of cakes. But there is one cake that I've never really liked. I know a lot of people like rum cake. They say that it's the perfect combination of sorts but I just can't bring myself to like it. I mean I will eat it if I have to. But I don't think I'll ever buy rum cake for myself in the future. But that's only one cake out of many others, so it's all good! :)

Reaction score
I don't like Christmas cake. Its so heavy on your stomach. Same goes for wedding cakes. Well the traditional once anyway.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of lemon cakes or carrot cakes. It's just something about the taste that doesn't quite sit well with me. I also don't like cakes with raisins or nuts, I will eat it if someone gives me a slice but it's just nothing I would make myself.

Reaction score
I don't like fruitcakes. Who does? I also don't like any cake with nuts in it. Unfortunately, I have a nut allergy. So I can't have any cakes with nuts in them. I'm not big on cakes with nuts for an obvious reason.

Reaction score
There's two cakes I will never eat! It is cake with coconut. I can't stand it. It's gross. Also, cakes that are chocolate with chocolate icing. It's just too much to me. Almost everything else I will give a chance. To also add, I don't really fancy raisins so I don't like anything with them in them.

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of at the moment is tiramisu. I really never liked it. Maybe the only one's I've tried were made by people that don't know what they're doing, but overall I just found it pretty disgusting.

Reaction score
I don't like Black Forest Cake. The wine that they put with it simply does not match. It sometimes makes the cake taste like it's expired already. The overall taste is really not very appealing. I wonder who ever though of that mixture.

I think cakes are best done without any alcohol. I would rather be generous with fruits.

Reaction score
I know this is not a popular opinion, and an unusual one considering what is said about my gender, but I'm not really a fan of chocolate unless it's really sweet or light. It's the bitterness I dislike. I'm fine with molasses being bitter, or vanilla extract, but not chocolate.

Unfortunately, I have a nut allergy. So I can't have any cakes with nuts in them. I'm not big on cakes with nuts for an obvious reason.

I know how you feel. I'm bad with legumes so peanuts, lentils, soy and green peas are out of the question for me. I can eat some tree nuts, I think.

Reaction score
I don't like cakes with, coconut, raisins, or anything like raisins. I think its a texture thing that gets to me. I also don't like red velvet. I have never understood what makes people ohh and ahhh over red velvet cakes. I don't understand the flavor. What exactly is red velvet. To me it taste like an off brand chocolate cake.

Reaction score
I dislike pineapple upside down cakes! I never have like that kind of cake. I also am not fond of cakes with raisins in them. The raisins soak up the water and get mushy. I am used to them being a chewy snack.

Reaction score
i don't like the the german chocolate cake. I really don't like anything that has a very strong chocolate flavor. Red velvet is ok. I have only had it a few times.

Reaction score
I actually have never tried a cake that I did not like. And I have even had fruit cake before and it was good I have never tasted a bad fruit cake. Even though it get a lot of dislike from the public I actually liked it I guess it all depends on who makes it.

Reaction score
I don't like red velvet cake because I can taste the food coloring. I also don't like cakes that are too sweet. Some of the boxed cakes I think they put in too much sugar.

Ask a Question