Are There Glitter Sprinkles? Or Am I Dreaming Here?

Reaction score
I need everyone's help with this. We have a birthday coming up at work and I got into this whole thing with somebody else over whether or not they have glittery sprinkles that you can put on a cake or cupcake or whatever. I swear that I have seen something like it, but everyone was quick to tell me that I was wrong and that they do not exist.

I figure there is something like them out there somewhere, but I am still curious whether or not I actually did see them or if I was dreaming.

Do these things exist?

Reaction score
Yes! They do exist. No, this is not an M&Ms Christmas commercial. ;)

Wilton Cake Sparkles are a thing. They also have "pearls." There is another one called edible glitter. I'm sure you can find what you want on Amazon if they don't carry them in a local store.

Reaction score
I have some of these sanding sugars, and also some packages with pieces that are even larger. I think I purchased them at Hobby Lobby, but most of the stores like that, that focus on hobbies, baking, cooking, and parties should have something similar. They sparkle like crystal when they're on cakes/cupcakes/cookies, etc., and are really pretty.

Reaction score
I've definitely seen them around but haven't used them myself for decorating - I think they can look really good but I think they might be a little messy to work with!

Reaction score
Yes, glitter sprinkles are really a thing! My 5 year old spotted them in the grocery store about a year ago, and we have been buying them since. I generally let them do the decorating on our normal eating cakes.. I also use them on decorative birthday cakes!

Reaction score
I didn't know about those, but seeing as my daughter's birthday is coming up soon, I want to find out how I can incorporate them into her cake decoration. She will love that!

Reaction score
Go to this website. Google Duff Goldman, Charm City Cakes. He has a line of cake decorating supplies you'd love. You know Duff Goldman from Charm City Cakes, right? Food network? Here you can buy his sprinkles, gold, silver, neon, etc...spray paint, fondants....all kinds of stuff. Really cool. I used to get stuff to decorate cupcakes with my niece.

Reaction score
Wilton Cake Sparkles are a thing. They also have "pearls." There is another one called edible glitter. I'm sure you can find what you want on Amazon if they don't carry them in a local store.

Well thank you so much, I knew I was not going crazy. Thank for all the responses guys, and it seriously does make me feel a little more regular knowing that they are out there. I am off to search now, and I sort of made a de facto promise, so wish me luck. Thanks again though.

Reaction score
No problem. I'm sure you can find something that will work for you. I think glittery cupcakes would be cool. I've seen some made with glittery sprinkles and colored sugar (for extra sparkle). They were quite pretty.

Reaction score
There seems to be so much that you can use to make a cake sparkly and pretty. I can't wait to try all these different things like the sparkly sprinkles and the colored sugar on my cakes. It's going to be awesome decorating cupcakes with my little girl.

Reaction score
I was just going to guess and say they do have but then I decided to Google it and sure enough like my experts confirmed they are available. I am one of those girls that the glitter would be on me and not the cake by the time I am finished.

Reaction score
I was just going to guess and say they do have but then I decided to Google it and sure enough like my experts confirmed they are available. I am one of those girls that the glitter would be on me and not the cake by the time I am finished.

That's okay. You can be sparkly along with your cake. Just wear a top that coordinates with your frosting. You want everything to match. See, you just created your own theme party. :)

Reaction score
I was also wondering about glitter sprinkles and came across some edible glitters like Magic Sparkles glitter which are made from food ingredients
Are Magic Sparkles And Magic Twinkles Fully Edible.jpg

Ask a Question