Are you a batch baker?

Reaction score
Yesterday, I made a batch of breads: sandwich loaves, rolls, sourdough, and English muffins. I like to know that I have enough in the freezer at any one time, and I don't have to bake bread again for at least a week.

I'm going to do a batch of scones and cookies over the weekend, and freeze these too. What will you be baking up in the next few days? And, is it better to freeze cookie dough raw, or to bake the cookies first?

Reaction score
I'm not a batch baker by any means. I tried to batch bake several times and failed at both attempts. I followed the recipes straight forward yet, nothing turned out like it should. I've made cookie dough but never froze it. I bet it would be best to freeze raw dough over cooked cookies.

Reaction score
I freeze my baked chocolate chip cookies all the time! :) sometimes I will even eat them frozen - just something about how they taste that way that I can't resist!

I usually only bake cookies in batches. But, I will make extra chilli, spaghetti, etc and freeze the rest.

Reaction score
No, for the most part I'm really not a batch baker. I've just never really done it that way...I tend to make just enough, or a little bit more, than what I need at any given time.

Reaction score
Nope, definitely not. I usually bake with a certain amount in mind, and usually I make no more than 2 batches of a certain thing. This usually also only happens when it's around the holidays and I'm baking stuff for my friends and family, but otherwise I usually just stick with one (since if I make more it usually means I eat more which is not good for my waistline :p)

Reaction score
I freeze my baked chocolate chip cookies all the time! :) sometimes I will even eat them frozen - just something about how they taste that way that I can't resist!

I usually only bake cookies in batches. But, I will make extra chilli, spaghetti, etc and freeze the rest.

I've taken the plunge and frozen two rolls of cookie dough....I love the idea that I can just slice them up and bake them whenever I want, and it doesn't take any real effort to bake them this way.

I've also frozen a selection of some of my baked cookies, just to see how these are when I defrost them - I also like the idea of having ready made baked goods in the freezer, to enjoy any time I like! Not sure about the frozen chocolate chip cookies though, but I'll try anything once...! ;)

Reaction score
I like to bake batches whenever I can so that I can feeze the extras for later use. Sometimes I make a lot of rolls or buiscuts at a time so they are ready when I need them.

Reaction score
The only thing i can ever remember baking in batches is cookies and they don't really last much longer as my kids go wild when they see such goodies in abundance..for my other baked products i'll just bake one or two things...however this Christmas i am thinking of baking a batch of fruit cakes.

Reaction score
The only thing i can ever remember baking in batches is cookies and they don't really last much longer as my kids go wild when they see such goodies in abundance..for my other baked products i'll just bake one or two things...however this Christmas i am thinking of baking a batch of fruit cakes.

I haven't done a lot of baking over the past 6 weeks or so, kammy - I've been ill, so I was out of action for a while, apart from baking bread when needed. But now I'm back and ready to get going again with Christmas on the way! Your mention of fruit cakes in your post reminded me that I am behind with my Christmas cake and pudding baking.....

Have you done any fruit cakes yet?

Reaction score
I don't have a large family , it's just my daughter and I. So I don't even bake in large quantities let alone batches. If I had more than one kid, I might bake larger quantities.
I just bake enough for me and the kid.

Reaction score
I've never ever tried to freeze bread, I always thought my freeze would ruin the bread, lol, but I have seen that's not the case! One would think the texture would be ruined... is there a trick for that or it's just that way? Just wondering guys!

Reaction score
Yesterday, I made a batch of breads: sandwich loaves, rolls, sourdough, and English muffins. I like to know that I have enough in the freezer at any one time, and I don't have to bake bread again for at least a week.

I'm going to do a batch of scones and cookies over the weekend, and freeze these too. What will you be baking up in the next few days? And, is it better to freeze cookie dough raw, or to bake the cookies first?

The only thing I bake in batches are cookies :p But other things... not really! I will if I ever get a big family, but for now whenever I bake pies or cake, it's only one or two pies. I bake two pies because those never last...

Ask a Question