Are you a bread guru?

Reaction score
Ok, let me clarify... if you can make a decent loaf, I consider you a guru LOL.

Bread is one thing I never got the hang of. Nobody taught me the ins and outs and my baking mentor never baked a loaf that I knew of. So I'm clueless. I try the easiest recipes and if they work out, I put them in the collection. Otherwise, I don't get the science behind it.. because it is a science! lol..

So.. are you the kind of person that can throw together your own recipe? This much fat to this much something to this much magic and voila? Or are you like me.. a master brick baker ;)

Reaction score
I am NOT a bread guru. If I want to guarantee success, out comes the bread machine.

I can throw together my own recipe for dinner but not anything baked. For bread, I think it's the yeast. I have such a hard time getting things to rise. I might get 1 out of 3 loaves rise. It's incredibly frustrating. I wish I had someone who could teach me the ins and outs of bread. I questioned people on here and my next loaf was amazing. Hopefully, I can keep that up because fresh bread tastes so much better than anything we can get here.

Reaction score
I used to have a problem with rise too until I figured out what proofing was lol. And I won't touch the dough until it's rised.. sometimes I have to let it sit longer than it asks.. depends on the room temp. Lately I've had to let it rise in a slightly warmed oven (colder weather) and the rise has been perfect all winter.

Reaction score
Ok, let me clarify... if you can make a decent loaf, I consider you a guru LOL.

Bread is one thing I never got the hang of. Nobody taught me the ins and outs and my baking mentor never baked a loaf that I knew of. So I'm clueless. I try the easiest recipes and if they work out, I put them in the collection. Otherwise, I don't get the science behind it.. because it is a science! lol..

So.. are you the kind of person that can throw together your own recipe? This much fat to this much something to this much magic and voila? Or are you like me.. a master brick baker ;)

I suppose by your vetting process then, yes. There is nothing that beats the smell, taste or love that goes into a homemade loaf. I love to try different recipes and go to work on new ones of my own. There's so many variants to making bread that the possibilities are almost limitless.

Reaction score
I am not a bread guru. I like a variety of breads. I follow a recipe when baking bread. These recipes help me out a lot.

Ask a Question