Are you a fan of desserts with bacon?

Reaction score
I know I seem to be in the minority, but I'm not a huge fan of bacon. I don't mind it in more savory dishes, but I don't fully see the appeal of adding it to desserts. I don't mind sweet and salty pairings, like chocolate and sea salt. But I just don't think bacon should be a primarily ingredient or topping on a dessert!

Have you had any amazing desserts with bacon?

Reaction score
I am not a fan of desserts with bacon. In the defense of bacon desserts, though, I've only eaten them out. I've never had a homemade baked dessert with bacon, only ones from restaurants. I've tried shakes with bacon in them, and it was just too gross for me to handle. I think a lot of it was the thought of the combination together. I'm not a huge fan of mixing salty and sweet, so that could be my problem!

Reaction score
I don't think bacon should be in desserts. I like bacon but it doesn't go with sweet things. I have seen them use it that way on cooking shows, but I don't think I would be able to recreate it though. I'm sure there are people who like it, but I'm not one of them.

Reaction score
I actually love the sweet and salty combination so I really like it. I actually tried it as a joke because there's a sonic down the road from where I live that came out with a bacon milkshake. So out of curiosity I tried it, and now I actually look for dessert recipes with bacon, so I am a big fan.

Reaction score
I really love the sweet and salty combo. I actually baked bacon cupcakes with a caramel swirl among other things for a bake sale a university.Fried the bacon, cut them up into tiny pieces and mixed them in the batter. Topped of the caramel swirl with some bits of bacon too. The boys loved them. The girls weren't as daring.

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the sweet/salty combination when done right. I enjoy chocolate and sea salt or salted caramel more than bacon because it's a little harder to mess up ;). Still, if you can find the right balance I think dessert bacon can be lovely.

Reaction score
I don't like it, it just feels like an annoying food fad, that I wish everyone would move on from. I have a feeling part of it has to do with some people adopting a paleo diet. Everyone I know that is on it starts going on and on about bacon wrapped this, or bacon wrapped that. It's almost like their substitute for not eating cheese or something like that. The other thing that may have fueled it is the flat out gluttonous menu concoctions restaurants are coming up with for attention. There's a restaurant in my neck of the woods that serves a milkshake with a slice of apple pie and bacon blended into it.

Reaction score
I am a bacon fanatic. I actually think that pairing the sweets with the bacon actually brings the flavor of the bacon out more. Have you tried chocolate covered bacon before? It is delicious. I know to the majority it sounds inconceivable but it is really good. I've made it homemade and store brought but it was all delicious to me. I think that once people stop thinking that something isn't suppose to taste a certain way it'll be better. If its fully cooked and not burnt I will eat anything just to try it. If I don't like it. I wont eat it anymore.

Reaction score
I had some cupcakes with bacon toppings. These cupcakes tasted really good. Each cupcakes had a crispy piece of bacon. I liked the savory, sweet and salty flavors together.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am a big fan of bacon. I'm a vegetarian, but the smell of bacon tempts me big time.

Even though I love bacon, I don't believe it belongs in dessert. The sweet and salty combination can be delicious if it is done correctly, but not with bacon.

Reaction score
I do like bacon. I like it on sandwiches, or in the morning with eggs. I also like bacon chopped up in my salads, or in an omelete.
However, I do not like bacon to be combined with sweets or desserts. I personally just don't feel like it belongs with or on sweets. I think it is just too much flavor to add to something that already has a delicious sweet flavor. That's just my personal preference, I know others enjoy it that way.

N

noahkma

Bacon's good with almost anything. Desserts with bacon are bad if done wrong. Like, chocolate with bacon is awesome. However, bacon with ice cream is gross. Take those pretzel M&Ms for example, that's sweet and salty done right. Ice cream with bacon is wrong on so many levels. You have a soft creamy-cream of the ice variety teamed up with this crunchy-salty all-American meat. It's weird. That's just my opinion. Hey if you like bacon with ice cream, that's great.

Reaction score
Absolutely! There is something so amazing about the salty/sweet combination. Probably the best bacon treat I've had was a bacon brittle! I had it at a bacon expo (I know lol) and it was sooo good. I definitely need to recreate it!

Reaction score
Bacon in desserts, I never though of that, well I like to put cheese and ham or bacon bits in savoury muffins. As for using bacon with a sweet and salty combo I also enjoy making sandwhiches with bacon and peanut butter but that's not really a dessert, more like breakfast or lunch.

Reaction score
I personally love bacon to bits (pun intended) but like cheese (I'm looking at you cheesecake!), it has no place in desserts.
I tried bacon shakes, even attempted to make a sweet bacon jerky with chocolate frosting around it, while the taste was not bad I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. In fact, I got sick of the whole thing after a few bites. It's nice to experiment, but frankly I think some things are better left alone.

Reaction score
I have not tried any bacon desserts , and I don't intent too. I cannot understand this new obsession with bacon that some many people have seemed to have developed. I like bacon just as much as anyone else , but it has it's place. For me that is not on the dessert table.

Reaction score
I have never tried desserts which contain bacon either but I don't imagine that I'd enjoy them.

Reaction score
I have not tried any bacon desserts , and I don't intent too. I cannot understand this new obsession with bacon that some many people have seemed to have developed. I like bacon just as much as anyone else , but it has it's place. For me that is not on the dessert table.
I've got to agree with you one this one, bacon is great in breakfast, as bits in several dishes for dinner and even for lunch on bread It's a very salty meat and don't think it belongs in desserts.

Reaction score
I don't like the idea much at all. I see it in magazines and cookbooks all the time, but that's just not for me. I like bacon, and I like sweets, but I don't like them together. Some of the most gourmet of chefs make such things, though!

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence when it comes to bacon-infused desserts, but I have to admit that when its offered at our favorite pastry shop, I order a big slice of Maple Bacon and Candied Pecan Cake. However, I think they used candied bacon, or bacon with as little salt content as possible. The bacon itself is mostly there just as a contrasting mouth-feel.

Ask a Question