Are you an early morning or late night baker?

Reaction score
Which do you prefer - early morning or late night baking?

For me, early morning baking is a joy. The house is quiet. I am more alert and it seems as though any baking project goes by faster.

Reaction score
When I bake, I usually do it in the evening, a couple of hours before prime time TV so that we can eat the cookies or whatever during a TV show or movie.

Reaction score
I'm more of an afternoon baker. Seems like my mornings go by too quickly and I'm too tired after I've made dinner.
When I bake I usually have food network or hgtv on. They inspire me! Lol :)

Reaction score
I like to bake in the mid morning or afternoon so my kitchen will smell delicious for longer.

Reaction score
I am a more of in the middle baker. I hate to bake too earlier but would stray from staying up late in the kitchen baking. When you see me baking then the time must be somewhere in the early afternoon hours.

Reaction score
For me, everything is better at night. Baking, studying, making art or music. I've just always been a night owl and baking is no exception to the rule.

Reaction score
I'm more of an afternoon baker lol. My mornings are nice and quiet too, so I enjoy spending that time with a pot of coffee and catching up on emails and facebook etc. We're a homeschooling family, so we have no real time restraints.. we could bake at midnight if we were awake enough to do it lol.

Reaction score
I'm definitely an afternoon baker. I'm usually busy in the mornings, and if I'm not, I sleep in to catch up on my rest. There's no real reason why I don't tend to bake in the evenings as much (I mean, I do sometimes) but I like to bake in the afternoon the best because it means I've got the morning to get organised, buy ingredients, decide what to make etc. and I'm not too tired to clean up afterwards.

Reaction score
I don't bake in the wee hours of the morning, usually in the afternoon on a weekend day. In the morning I am all about making a big breakfast first.

Baking in the evenings usually doesn't end too well for me, especially if I am unwinding with a few drinks. The alcohol will make me start getting more "adventurous" and the next thing you know I've turned the recipe into some franken-disaster with everything but the kitchen sink in it, lol. Not to mention I may nod off on the couch and end up burning whatever it is.

Reaction score
I'm more of an afternoon baker. Seems like my mornings go by too quickly and I'm too tired after I've made dinner.
When I bake I usually have food network or hgtv on. They inspire me! Lol :)
I'm afternoon baker as well. When I read in a book about someone cooking in the morning, and the quietness and all that, it sounds magical...but I am too cranky and distracted the first half hour after waking up to be doing anything much in the kitchen other than making coffee. And in the evening I am too tired. Afternoons are great, I take break from work by cooking, and then I also have home food after that, it's perfect.

Reaction score
Afternoon here as well. I'm not a morning person and would be completely disoriented and make everything wrong if I tried to bake in the morning, and at night is when I like to unwind.

Reaction score
I'm very much a night baker. It's pretty much the only time I can use the kitchen without every one else getting in the way! I also prefer cooking at night in the summer, because the oven can make the kitchen too warm in the day time.

Reaction score
My personal preference when me and my mother bake is to do so in the evenings. My mother on the other hand is an early-bird special when it comes to baking. That's kind of where our problem lies as she likes to wake early and start baking so she does not feel rushed in the evening to bake. However I feel as if I'm being deprived of sleep and being rushed when we do early morning baking. Evenings help me baking wise because naturally I'm in a calm frame of mind and fully awake by then.So in a nutshell I'm an Evening baker.

Reaction score
I am a late afternoon baker. Sometimes I will bake as I cook dinner so that we have yummy treats.

Reaction score
I'm a late night baker when it comes to having to have make up quite a bit of goods. My kids are in bed and my hubby is playing on the pc away from the kitchen.

If I'm in the mood for a dessert to go with supper, I usually make the dessert right before I start supper.

Reaction score
There's something so soothing about baking in the morning while cleaning for me. I tend to feel more accomplished then. That's also probably because my ma has always done it this way, and living in desert, you'd rather heat up the oven early when its still cool out instead of roasting in the late day heat!

Reaction score
I'm more of an afternoon, evening, night baker. I'm usually busy with work in the mornings.

I do sometimes start projects late in the afternoon that won't finish until late at night, though. For example, I'll start bread or cinnamon rolls after work and there's no way they'll be done until midnight because of all the rising times.

Kas

Reaction score
I usually bake in the afternoon. I will generally have it in my head to bake something as soon as I get up in the morning. That never happens. :) So, I will do it in the afternoon. I have occasionally baked at night. Not that often, but I have done it. If I do, I generally am pretty bored and it gives me something to do. :)

Reaction score
I like to bake late at night because thehouse is calm while everyone is sleeping. If it is hot outside this is alo the perfect time to turn on the oven when the temperature outside goes down . I like to work uninterupted and bakeing while everyone is a sleep is a good way to do that.

Reaction score
I usually bake in the middle of the day or night time. It's when the cravings come! My family gets bored and hungry so sometimes we'll make cookies or muffins (especially lemon poppyseed muffins... yum!) If I baked early in the morning i'd probably end up eating them all :( lol!

Ask a Question