Are you baking anything for Christmas?

Reaction score
Have you already thought about what you will bake this Christmas? If so, what will it be?

Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing my usual pecan pies. My sister likes to bake sweet potato pies and I am hoping to make a pineapple upside down cake for my mom.

Reaction score
^Is the sweet potato pie a dessert or a savoury as it sounds yummy either way, l'll be doing a fruit cake at Christmas minus the cherries.

Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping to make a beef roast with yorkshire pudding around Christmas time, but not on Christmas, as we'll be spending it with my boyfriend's family this year...

Reaction score
I will have to cancel my pineapple upside down cake. My mom said she would just prefer to have the pies. I have no problems with thst, but I will still make the cake just to see how it turns out.

Reaction score
For family, planning on cookie tray, for friends and neighbors, my imagination will probably change daily so not sure yet

Reaction score
Well to be honest, Halloween has a bigger place in my heart and I've been very wrapped up in October flavors & treats. But ideas for Christmas/Yule are starting to creep into my mind. We want to do something a little nontraditional this year, so I'm not sure what direction we're taking the food or baking.

Reaction score
I know we will be having the same things this year as last year. I am hoping to nake something different, but I don't know if I will be allowed to. I will just have to see.

Reaction score
My family and I will be baking a plain vanilla cake (for my dad's birthday) and a fruit cake (for my mom, because she likes it). These are our usually baked goods and sometimes we make pineapple tarts (which taste amazing). Maybe I'll give a go at making something new, like a pie. I love Spinach pies, maybe I'll make another one.

Reaction score
Pineapple tarts sound really good. I will have to see if I have a recipe for that and make some. My sister may not want me to bake anything, but I'm going to anyway.

Reaction score
Christmas is perhaps the only time of the year when one can indulge oneself, family member and friends with a large variety of dishes that should not only include snacks and the star main course on Christmas night, but from my standpoint celebration starts by Thanksgiving day in America.

Thanksgiving's eve is for me the right time to start planning cooking for the whole Christmas season, and this planning includes baking cookies for eating and give away, as well as the preparation of a variety of desserts and the baking of a traditional British-style fruits cake, which recipe requires to start the process with enough anticipation.

So yes, I will be baking for this Christmas, as I use to do and see my mother and my grand mother did when I was child ;)

Reaction score
I can't wait til Christmas gets here. I love the meals and get togethers. I especially love the desserts. I hope to make a lot of yummy ones this year.

Reaction score
Last year I baked my best friend shortbread cookies with sugar icing! They were a big hit so I think I'll do those again this year!

Reaction score
Me and my sister are going to sit down and discuss what we are going to bake this year. It's going to be an interesting discussion. She likes to do all the baking, and I like to argue with her about letting me bake something this year. I sometimes win, but most times I lose.

Reaction score
I'm not sure yet. I do like to make pies though - so probably one of those. My Mother-in-law makes a yummy plate of cookies every year so I don't even bother! LOL! Sounds lazy I know but hers are so good and she gives us so many that if I were to do it too we would never eat them all!!
We usually have Prime Rib for dinner and then my MIL makes a salad or some other green and brings the rolls. Probably also mashed potatoes.
Not sure about dessert yet..............but I haven't even decided what we are doing for Thanksgiving yet!! :)

Reaction score
My sister decided that we are making pies. No cakes or cookies. She doesn't want to make too many desserts this year. She wants to keep it small this year.

Reaction score
You must be a very patient and kind person to let your sister always decide what to bake!!! LOL!
Do you ever get to decide? :)
Pies are nice - at least everything is in one pan and you don't have to take out multiple trays of cookies.
Do you get to bake too? Just wondering.

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some information on baking in canning jars/aluminum cans! I have also thought about doing the original cake balls and maybe some truffles. :)

Ask a Question