Are You Giving Homemade Cookies as Gifts?

Reaction score
Nearly every year I make cookies and give them out as gifts. I buy the pretty Christmas themed cookie tins at the dollar stores and I make cookies. I try to stick to simple and easy recipes, such as sugar cookies, no bake cookies and a few other ones. I find that several people are very appreciative of these gifts.

I started doing this a few years ago because I could not afford gifts and it has worked like a charm ever since. Now with the cake mixes being "cookie friendly" and so many different recipes on the boxes I can also save some more time and money and bake cookies this way as well.

Will you be giving cookies as gifts this holiday season?

Reaction score
Yes, I just finished shopping for my goods today.

Chinet plates are on sell at Safeway for $1.99. So, I purchased a set of 15. On them, I plan on putting a mix of cakes and cookies. I know a few of my neighbors enjoy sweets so they'll appreciate this as a gift.

3770032217.jpg
The set I purchased.

Reaction score
I gave some as gifts in a jar recipes (or whatever you call those lol). I tend to make them more for neighbours and older family.. they really love them.

Reaction score
I bake cookies for my parents and siblings during the holidays. I give them as gifts to my family. I bake chocolate chip and sugar cookies for them. The Dollar Store has the best tin containers. The containers comes in different shapes and sizes. I make gift baskets during the holidays also.

Reaction score
Cookies are a great gift during the holidays. Homemade cookies are a welcome addition to any party or special event held at any time of the year. I've baked cookies for Fourth of July gatherings with my family. I went home with an empty plate full of crumbs.
Sometimes, people fall into the habit of only baking during the holiday season. Keep doing it all year around if you can. Trust me; people will love you for doing it.

Reaction score
I do like to give baked goods as gifts. I like to give them to the people that I don't know what gift they would want or use. For example, my Grandpa. He is older and has about everything he needs. If there is something he does not have, he goes out and buys it for himself. How do you know what to buy someone like that for Christmas? He always ejoys homemade treats, so a gift like a tin full of goodies is perfect for him.
My neighbors are another prime example. I do not know them well enough to know what their likes and interests are. Therefore I have no clue as to what to buy them. A nice bag of goddies is perfect for them as well! It shows that I care. :)
I buy Christmas tins and containers at after-Christmas sales when everything is 50 to 75% off! I then store them for the next Christmas. It helps me save money and be prepared for the next year.

Reaction score
I have a relative that loves peanut butter cookies. Buying gifts for them is always hard. So, for a win-win situation, I make cookies.

Reaction score
My mother has been doing this for years, as did my grandma. Everyone loves it. I did it myself one year. It was a lot of work and the cost of the butter especially really started adding up. Since I've gone gluten free, I don't do this anymore because it would be very difficult for me not to taste them or lick the bowl. I don't think people would appreciate my home made gluten free "cookies." My room mate says they taste like multi-grain health food in the shape of a cookie.

Reaction score
With so much work on my hands i don't think i'll get the chance to make enough cookies for giving away...what i'll be making will be for my immediate family however i will be giving fruitcakes for gifts this year

Reaction score
I was actually looking at some cookie tins at the store and thought about making some cookies for the family this year. My mom is so shocked that I turned into such a good Baker that I would love to give her a cookie gift.

Ask a Question