Are you going to bake up any Valentine's Day goodies?

Reaction score
I think I might make something for my Valentine, and maybe something for my girls and my grandbabies. I should probably bake something that I don't like, so I won't be tempted to eat it (as soon as I figure out which baked goods I don't like, ha ha). I want to make something pretty for the girls. I'm still not sure what to make for my honey.

Any ideas to share?

Reaction score
I'm planning to make a couple batches of iced sugar cookies; some to send to work with my boyfriend and some to bring over to my in-laws house for our nephews :) I like to make plain vanilla bean cookies and then decorate them with piped royal icing. I've got a set of valentines cookie cutters that have hearts and cupids and all sorts of cute little cut outs and they always come out well.

They're probably all going to be packaged up and given away though...I totally know what you mean about not being tempted! I have a huge sweet tooth so I try not to keep much baking around the house otherwise I end up munching all day. My boyfriend actually isn't a huge fan of sweets so instead of baking something I'm thinking of making him a card.

Reaction score
I'm just making cupcakes for my husband to take into his office. Any time there's a special occasion or holiday, I like making cupcakes for him to take in - and his coworkers love it too!

Reaction score
I bet everyone loves the goodies you guys make. That's a good idea to send something to work with my hubby.

Sugar cookies are high on my list of sweets I enjoy, especially the frosted ones. I think I already had too many of those at Christmastime though, so I should probably opt for baking something else!

Cupcakes could be nice. I was thinking about making brownies and using a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut them....

Reaction score
It's my husband's birthday just before Valentine's Day so I don't usually make anything specifically for it because it will be two lots of treats in a short space of time! We usually stay in and make a nice meal for Valentine's Day though, so I'll probably make a pudding. Got to think of something now :)

Reaction score
I will make chocolate chip cookies (his favorite) and cupcakes with heart designs that he could bring for his officemate.

I remember one time, I asked him if I'm a good cook, and he said "ahmm yah, but I prefer your baked goods" :)
I don't know if I should be happy or what? :)

Reaction score
As i explained already here in Serbia we do have this holiday. We celebrate St Trifun and it is all about wine on that day. However, Valentine is is very popular because younger population finds it more interesting than traditional Trifun so I was thinking to combine the two. I will make some cookies, maybe, but we will definitely have some wine afterwards.

Reaction score
No. My kids are older. I used to bake things for them or for their classes but not anymore. I don't mind that I don't have to. ;) I'm also working PT right now through tax season at my husband's CPA firm - so I don't have time! LOL

Reaction score
I created a thread about what I'll probably be baking, it can be found here: https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/graham-cracker-log.3471/#post-26806. I've made these Linzer Heart Cookies before for Valentine's Day, although it's been many years, so I can't recall how they went. I have also made fortune cookies with homemade fortunes, which was fun and cute. It sounds as if you have some great ideas in this thread, I hope others posts as well, maybe it'll be something we can come back to for other occasions, as well, such as anniversaries.

Reaction score
My answer would be 'no' as I am not into the holiday. I reckon red velvet is going to be a cake many make around this time.

Reaction score
This coming Valentines Day I do not want to cook or bake because I do not want to get tired and I want to look good on that day. Maybe we will just celebrate the occasion by going to our favorite romantic place and just eat our favorite foods and baking goodies there.

Ask a Question