Vintage Kitchenaid Mixers: Are They Still Worth It?

Reaction score
My wife and i are 110 years old between us. We are finally building our dream kitchen. Everything is new and exactly the way we want it (ok really, i wanted a trash compactor and i got it, everything else is the way she wants it)

I also want a vintage mixer. We have a 1955 mint green Chambers gas range (Rachel Ray has a yellow one) and i think a vintage mixer would look pretty good next to it, even if it's a little beat up.

So, are there any big improvements in the last 50 years that make the newer ones better?

We will do a bit of bread making and meat grinding

Do all the attachments fit across a wide range of models ? - i might get the mixer alone on ebay and then look for the attachments

At what point are they too old to get parts for?

thanks

Reaction score
My wife and i are 110 years old between us. We are finally building our dream kitchen. Everything is new and exactly the way we want it (ok really, i wanted a trash compactor and i got it, everything else is the way she wants it)

I also want a vintage mixer. We have a 1955 mint green Chambers gas range (Rachel Ray has a yellow one) and i think a vintage mixer would look pretty good next to it, even if it's a little beat up.

So, are there any big improvements in the last 50 years that make the newer ones better?

Do all the attachments fit across a wide range of models ? - i might get the mixer alone on ebay and then look for the attachments

thanksused mixers

This is what I don't like about Ebay. They sell used mixers without the bowl & beaters, & that seems like a ripoff!! I bought one of my Globe mixers like that. I won't do it again.

Reaction score

thanks

there’s actually groups that collect vintage mixers. Most are specific to brands.

go to this page and ask about a KitchenAid group or for recommendations on dealers for vintage mixers

Ask a Question