Baby Food Cookies/Biscuits

Reaction score
I made dog biscuits out of baby food once a long time ago using a recipe I found online. My dogs loved them, of course.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar for humans. The dog biscuits are just baby food and flour. (certain baby food because they're for dogs). I've never really done cookies before. Sugar cookies once and they kind of sucked I think because my partner only ate one.

I think maybe adding some salt and baking powder? Or would that be too biscuit-y? The reason I'd like to do these is because of the different flavors available that are harder to find as regular ingredients around me. I used homemade baby food most of the time when my king was eating it, but for those flavors I couldn't find the jarred baby good didn't have anything "extra" added. I thought it be something different and easy to make so we could take them as snacks on the go. I just dont know how to go about it.

Reaction score
There may be a way to substitute baby food for the wet ingredients. Wait...

Here ya go: Applesauce Cookies. I would try it with something like this, and swap out the applesauce in the recipe for other flavors of baby food, as desired. Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
You could probably do it with a number of cakes or muffins as well. Let us know how it turns out if you decide to try it.

I will have to tell my daughter about this thread. She might like this idea too.

Reaction score
I think any kind of baby food would work a lot like applesauce, so you can do different flavors.

Ask a Question