Baked Alaska - Ice Cream Flavour Proportions?

Reaction score
For this recipe, it involves 1 litre of ice cream, which should primarily taste of mint (peppermint extract), with a subtle hint of lemon (lemon extract) and lavender (buds infused in milk). The initial idea was a take on 'Mint Choc Chip'; however, it has chunks of choc chip cookie dough (cooked in a saucepan) and white chocolate blondie pieces (baked separately in oven), but I thought it could be more interesting with the additional flavours, when looking at examples like, lemon and basil ice cream.

For this quantity of ice cream, I was planning to infuse the 400 ml of milk (mixed with 200 ml whipping cream) overnight, in the fridge, with 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 1/2 tsp lemon extract, and 2 tablespoons of lavender buds. The lavender would then be strained out, when the whole ice cream mixture goes through a fine sieve (before being poured into the ice cream machine).

I would very much like to know what your thoughts are on the infused flavours (e.g. are the proportions/quantities right, should I drop a flavour, which flavours go best with the chunks of chocolate cookie dough and blondie, etc?). The whole baked alaska consists of a chocolate sponge, this ice cream, and an italian meringue.

Reaction score
No offense, but peppermint, lemon, and lavender sound awful.

I hate peppermint anyway, but I like lemon sherbet and sorbet. I've never had lavender, so I don't know what that tastes like. But I would think that none of those flavors go with chocolate chip cookie dough.

I would pick the lemon, and also use orange zest, and possibly black raspberries. Those would go well with chocolate chip cookie dough. If you want to spice it up a bit, then maybe using a few black currant seeds would work with the citrus flavors.

Ask a Question