Baked beans, Tater Salad and Deviled Eggs recipes

Reaction score
please share yours :)

for baked beans I use

1 can of pork and beans,27.5 oz or 780 grams (drained)

3 slices of crumbled bacon
3/4 of a medium sized onion(chopped)
1/4 of a bell pepper(chopped)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup ketchup
1 or 2 tablespoons of mustard
a splash of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

have oven preheated to 350
bake for 45 minutes in a open casserole dish

Tater Salad

I used 7 small potatoes,peeled and cut into cubes
3/4 of a medium onion (chopped)
1/2 bell pepper (chopped)
3 or 4 tablespoons Sweet Pickle relish
3 or 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of regular mustard(be careful you can make it way to tangy)
Paprika to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

as you can see I need to up my Tater Salad,it is pretty basic and really good,after it has chilled in the Fridge for several
hours or overnight,I do like it chilled thoroughly,please share your recipe or give me some ideas on what to add to mine
on either recipe :)

I did forget to drain the pork and beans and my Baked Beans are on the soupy side lol but it taste really good and will thicken up in the fridge and these simple recipes do change about every time i make them as far as what my measurements are ,here is a picture of what i made a little while ago

010.JPG

Reaction score
I should have added Deviled Eggs to the thread title :)

hint,hint Becky :)

this is the method I use for making Deviled Eggs

http://www.deviledeggs.com/classic_deviled_eggs.html

they will tell you everything about making a Deviled Egg,I liked the boiling directions lol who knew there was that much to it ? I haven't made any in a long time,so i'm about due to make some

and please share ya'lls recipes for them ,i've just done her basic recipe and I need to step them up too

Reaction score
Everyone is probably going to laugh at this - but I've never actually made my own baked beans. I love them, but my mother in law usually makes them, and hers are so good that I've never attempted to make my own!

And...I actually don't like potato salad at all! *gasp!*

Reaction score
Yum!! I love deviled eggs but I've never made them! I keep thinking I will - even have a recipe. For some reason I never get around to it. But, if we go to a buffet, I always get them! One of these days............haha! I don't make my own baked beans - but yours look good. I LOVE potato salad and prefer simple to lots of ingredients too.

Reaction score
look at that link for deviled eggs mommy,there really easy,they just make it easy to get the boiling part down right and how to stop the green ring,that some times happen,there is all sorts of info as what to do,like who knew that older eggs make better deviled ones ?they say to buy them a week or so ahead,or to lay em sideways the night before in the carton,so there isn't that thin wall on the yolk end

mine are better than what my sister brings for the holidays,but I'm afraid to show her up lol so i don't bring any

baked beans are easy to make cupcake,,a little bit of prep and fry some bacon is all it is and "gasp' you don't like tater salad ? OMG :)

keep in mind that I just eyeball my recipes,so they do change when i make them, if your not a big fan of mustard cut back on what I do

and thanks Becky for the help,but now i am under pressure to make some deviled eggs now :)

Reaction score
Mmmmm, I love deviled eggs!!!

My recipe is simple....

Egg yolks
tad bit of mayo
mustard
Sweet pickle relish
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Reaction score
I love the beans. :) Here's a Serbian recipe for baked beans.

http://www.zmurh.hr/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/262544-300x261.jpg

We do not use canned beans but the raw ones.

• 500 gr of beans
  • 1 onion
  • 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon of hot ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of flour
  • 1 teaspoon of butter
  • oil
  • 3 bay leaves
  • salt and pepper and spice mix

We wash the beans, put it in the pot and add finely chopped onion and bay leaves. Add some water and let it boil on low heat. Ten minutes before the beans are boiled we add salt and pepper and spice mix and let it boil some more. It shouldn't have too much water inside.
In a skillet we add butter, oil, flour and ground pepper. A kind of a browned flour thing. So, we add that in the pot and add the hot ground pepper. In preheated oven we put the beans to bake until they get the fine crust on the top like in the picture.

Reaction score
I've made my own "baked beans" before from dried beans. It did not turn out very good at all....in fact it was completely inedible.

Someone told me to make them in a crockpot, as they can slowly cook for a couple of days. So I did that, and they turned out like rocks.

So...someone ELSE told me I need to BOIL the beans before I bake them, but still use a crockpot. Those turned out ok.

The last batch I made (a few years ago), I made in the crockpot again, but this time I didn't cook it for 2 days on low.....I cooked it for 1 day on high. And they turned out just right!!!!

Reaction score
My tater salad recipe is about the same as my deviled egg recipe, except I use taters instead of eggs.

(all to taste)

Boiled red potatoes
tad bit of mayo
mustard
Sweet pickle relish
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Reaction score
My potato salad
Smallish red potatos steamed and kept hot
Helmanns mayo
Lemon juice
Pkg Ranch Style dip mix green onion flavor
Green onions thinly cut into circles
Tiny bit of celery chopped fine ( my mom is leaning over my shoulder from heaven cuz I am not a fan of celery)
Tons of dill, snipped fine
A handful or two of crispy bacon preferably home cured

Hot potatos in dish...add the mayo mixed with green onion pkg...squeeze lemon in...add everything else and be a bit rough while you are at it. You wanna get the potatos cracking so all the yummy stuff is absorbed. Lots of cracked black pepper but no salt. This dish is salty enuf without more.

Huny

Reaction score
I love baked beans, but I use a Spaniard recipe... I also use those big white beans :) Sometimes I make fabada:

fabada-asturiana-con-patatas.jpg

Getting the ingredients for fabada in the Netherlands might prove to be a bit hard, but totally worth it :) I also love the average baked beans as well :) I grew up in Mexico, so I love beans in general, lol.

Ask a Question