Baked on no bake cheese pies?

Reaction score
So, I am going to prepare a pie this week, but I am still not sure if it should be a baked or ''no bake'' one. I honestly like both, but I must admit the baked one seems a little more rich than the no bake one. Plus the no bake one tastes a bit like gelatin, I don't mind that taste at all though. But I have a preference for the baked one because the focus is on the cream cheese ;)

I like the no bake one because I don't have to turn on the oven at all, it's quicker! The baked one, well, I don't bind bake the crust, so it shouldn't take so long. I will have to think about it.

What about you? Do you prefer the baked or no bake version?

Reaction score
I know what you mean about baked cheesecake seeming richer - I think it's because they are sweeter and you don't have a sourness to the flavour like you have with chilled cheesecakes.

I think overall I prefer baked cheesecakes, but if I want something that feels a little lighter and more summery then I'd go for a chilled one. That's probably no use to you when you're trying to make a decision though!

Reaction score
Hehehe, I have made my decision, Becky :) I will bake it =D The weather here is getting better and better, cool and nice :) So I am going to use that as an excuse to bake it. I have noticed that baked pies seem to be more filling as well, specially when compared to the chilled ones. The latter are indeed so light! Perfect for summer, too bad the focus is on the gelatin :(

By the way, I love what you guys did to this forum! Looks much better! It feels nicer to post to =D

Reaction score
I always prefer to make a "no bake cheesecake pie" as dessert especially when I will have a guest coming to the house unexpectedly and I have nothing in hand at home. This is just easy to prepare and to make especially if you have stock of all the right ingredients at home.

Reaction score
@ReadmeByAmy That is very true! The advantage of no bake pie is that you don't even have to bake the crust ;) I always leave mine in the freezer for 15 minutes before pouring the mix ;) No problems at all, the only bad thing about no bake pie if the gelatin flavour. I wonder if I can add less gelatin?

Ask a Question