Baked Pancakes with cheese

Reaction score
Hi all, while in europe over the summer I tried the most devine baked Pancakes filled with some sort of ricotta like Cheese. Would anyone have a
recipe for something similar.

Reaction score
I would probably just make cheese filled crepes. Another option is to "doctor" a basic pancake recipe and bake it. I'd double the eggs called for. Bake at about 400F until golden brown (20 minutes, give or take). Use the topping of your choice.

You could also try thinning this out and making two pancakes. Top one with cheese and cover with the other cake.

Reaction score
Well I happen to love ricotta cheese, and leave it to that to really save pancakes for me. I have never been a big pancake fan, and actively almost get sick when I see people dousing them in maple syrup early in the morning. They are just way too heavy for me, and I have never understood why people like them. I do like waffles though, so I know it is me just being strange, but oh well. That said, these sound really good and I would not mind giving these a try.

Reaction score
It's called crespoline in Italian where they have pancakes filled with spinach and mushrooms with cheese on a bed of bechamel sauce and tomato sauce too which is oven baked. I loved this in a favorite restaurant of mine. Now, in Europe pancakes are thin like crepes, so they are easy to roll up, but you can't put too much sauce in them otherwise it leaks out. Let the sauce that tops it absorb instead.

Reaction score
Like @Zyni it would be my choice to make 2 pancakes on top of the other and in between is the cheese. So it would be like cheese sandwich but instead of bread, it would be pancakes. And to make a creamy pancake, we add condensed milk to the mixture of flour and eggs plus a little salt also. For best results, serve it with crisp brown bacon and it would surely be a hit.

Ask a Question