Baked Potato Chips

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made baked potato chips, and did they taste good? I was thinking of making some because they are more healthy than ones you get at the store...any suggestions?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made baked potato chips, and did they taste good? I was thinking of making some because they are more healthy than ones you get at the store...any suggestions?
My mother actually does. I'll get the recipe from her and post it.

Reaction score
I have never tried making my own chips but I actually want to. There is a salt n vinegar chip recipe I want to try. I'm sure it'll be a recipe to try for sure.

Reaction score
I would love to try and get rid of pre packaged food as much as possible and this would be huge for me. If you have any great recipes I would love to try them.

Reaction score
Okay, she said she doesn't do anything but:

Preheat oven to 375F-400F degrees. (oven temps vary)
Slice her potatoes as thin as she wants
She puts them into a container so she can coat them with the olive oil. (Very little, just enough to coat each potato slice.
She then seasons them with a little salt, and whatever else you'd like.
Place in single layer on baking sheet and bake for 12 -15 minutes.
After baking lightly season them once more and then place on cooling rack until they are the desired crispiness.

NOTE: I'm actually trying this today, but I am going to add all my seasonings to my oil in the beginning. Let you know how it turns out.

Reaction score
Thank you for the recipe. Let me know if they turn out good and I will give this a try. I am looking to be a little more self sustaining in my life so that I do not have to depend on going to the store and buying a bag of chips when I want a crunchy salty snack!

Reaction score
I want to try this because store bought chips are full of al types of garbage. This could also be alot of fun too. I would love to be able to give out home made chips to friends oand family. Oh what about sweet potatoe chips?

Reaction score
I haven't tried with potato chips specifically- but I've made kale chips and very thinly sliced zucchini crisps that both came out very good. I imagine that potato chips and sweet potato chips would be good, too, and definitely skip on out all the extra junk that you definitely don't need added in them.

Ask a Question