Baking Biscuits in your underwear :)

Reaction score
I was watching this guy make some Biscuits and Mushroom gravy,then i noticed he was in his drawers,I may cook like that at times,but i wouldn't post it on you tube lol

Reaction score
Gosh, those biscuits look good though! Let's hope they were clean shorts and a fashion statement.

Reaction score
MMM, biscuits and gravy! My husband's mom is from the southern USA so biscuits and gravy are very common when we visit her. They're a real comfort food to my hubby too - but no one I know bakes them while in their underwear! I must admit I did chuckle at that part!

Reaction score
my Biscuits are starting to turn out pretty good these days,I need to buy a biscuit cutter,I was using jars and glasses and even a knife,since I started using either a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup,to shape the biscuits in,they have been rising a whole lot better and aren't as dense

I have gotten the hang of making gravy,I have been adding some of the Mazola Heart Healthy oil added to some the left over bacon drippings and about the same amount of flour as oil in your pan and let the flour "Fry" in it,I've noticed that the longer i let it fry,the better it taste,then slowly add Milk and keep stirring it all the time,till you get the consistency you want for your gravy

just remember,it will thicken up as it cools down,so I shoot for a little thinner than what I want on my biscuits and add your seasoning to when the flour is "Frying" too,i think it makes the pepper kick in better

and of course sausage Gravy is best,use it instead of bacon for some drippings and have some cooked and add it,crumbled up,to the gravy mix

mmmm i want some biscuits and gravy now ;)

Reaction score
Hahahaha, I agree. I'd not like to be seen in my boxers if I were cooking for a video on YouTube. This guy is so cool, lol. Maybe it is a fashion statement? :p A well, as long as someone doesn't cook naked and washes his or her hands before cooking everything is ok in my book. I love the way he cooks :) I could cook that for a lazy Sunday dinner!

Reaction score
I didn't even realize until he started pulling the biscuits out of the oven. A lot of people wear silk boxers (or other types, but those are the most comfy) around the house, so he probably didn't even think about it. I often cook in my PJs. Every time he shook the pan on the stove top I thought of jiffy pop popcorn. His biscuits and gravy look yummy!

Attachments

• jiffy pop popcorn.png
    jiffy pop popcorn.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 514
Reaction score
"Follow your biscuits heart" hahaha right on.

I never even heard of biscuits and gravy before. Wow!

Reaction score
here is my latest batch of biscuits ,I was going to do a set of pictures,but I need to buy some batteries for my camera :)

I got them to rise really well for a change,I'm using margarine instead of shortening,I put a bit over a 1/4 cup of the margarine in the freezer and let it sit for about 15 minutes,then I roughly cut it into the Self Rising Flour and then slowly added some 2% milk,till it just came off the side of the bowl,I used a 1/3 cup to scoop the dough out and form the biscuits

as you can see,they are on the big side
002.JPG
,next time I will use the 1/4 cup and hopefully get the size I want :) ,they are white on the top from where I was coating the mixing cup with flour

I did see on TV a guy making some and he said to freeze the margarine and then grate it,with a box grater,I may give that a try soon

and I will let you guess about the drawers lol

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 450
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 433

Ask a Question