Baking business plan in the future

Reaction score
If you have the passion, skills and the determination to make baking not only as a hobby but a source of income do you have baking business plan in the future? If yes, what is your idea of the concept of your baking store and where is the place you want it to be located?

Reaction score
I don't think I would ever do it professionally. I think for me, it would turn it from a hobby and something I love to something I would be stressed about - when it's your source of income I think it just adds a whole new dynamic to it. Deadlines and customers and critique coming at you, ordering supplies to bake in a commercial capacity, bills...ugh! The thought of it has me stressed.

I like being a hobbyist baker and I don't have plans to change that :)

Reaction score
I agree! It sounds good in theory to have a shop or food truck but I think it would be way more work than I could handle!! ;) I think the cooking shows and food network make it look so easy - the hours put in would just not be my idea of fun!! I would rather bake for fun ;)

Reaction score
I have plans for a home-based business in South Carolina. With the cottage food law, I can make up to $15,000 in sales. Not a lot, so it will be a side-thing...a compliment to other home-based endeavors. Still working out the kinks of exactly what that will mean, so it's more of a dream than an actual business plan. The niche will be baked goods with home-ground flours and natural ingredients.

Ask a Question