Baking for strawberry tea party for breast cancer care

Bev

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sorry id this is i the wrong place, I'm new here and not really a baker, well not at all really. On Aug 9th i'm holding a strawberry Tea party in aid of breast cancer care and have already started to panic. I hope to hold it as an afternoon tea type of thing (have about six 3 tier cake stands to put sandwhiches and cakes/desserts on).
I appreciate that most things have to be made nearer the time and i think thats where i'm having a problem. i would like to start baking from monday so was wondering if :-
1. anyone could tell me if there is any desserts that i could make as early as monday that i could keep till the sunday? (i don't have a lot of freezer space)
2. Any quick and easy dessert/cakes that i could do

I'd like to do little cakes and desserts like you have for afternoon tea and also some pies/cheesecakes/ etc for separate table to sell. I've managed to get a £10 voucher donated from a local patisserie so can get a few from there but got between 30 & 40 people coming so panicking incase i dont have enough time Just have mon-fri eve and all day saturday.
Thankyou in advance
Bev

Reaction score
This recipe looks fairly easy, and the biscotti usually hold up well, better than a lot of cakes and pastries, since they're drier. http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/17241/biscotti/?mxt=t06rda Also, I just posted this in another thread. It looks super easy, and these will also last, and are a nice healthy alternative, for those who are looking to keep their caloric intake down. In addition, since they're baked and dried, they will also last, so you could make these 2 or other similar recipes to supplement the more delicate recipes. http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/233281/apple-chips/?mxt=t06rda

Reaction score
Biscotti and other Italian cookies to go with could easily fit the bill. Petite fours are very tea party appropriate to me and aren't all that hard to make. Sounds like quite the undertaking for you when it's a bit outside your comfort zone. Best of luck!

Bev

Reaction score
Thankyou jessiefox and sorry i didnt reply earlier, i went away to Dorset and couldnt get any reception on my phone.I will certainly look them up x

Ask a Question