Baking forum can lead to burnt cookies!

Reaction score
I was sitting here at the computer, inbetween batches reading some of the baking posts and uh ooohh, I did not hear the timer go off and I burnt a batch of cookies! Thought it was funny and ironic so I decided to share it with you all!

Reaction score
I have gotten distracted before when baking which has let to some pretty disasterous results. Everything from burnt and crispy cookies to a blueberry pie that was a solid mass and unedible. Now I try not to do anything else except maybe watch tv which is in the living room right next to the kitchen so I can hear the timer!

Reaction score
It was pretty funny that the baking forum lead to me burning my cookies...I was wondering what the odds of that were!

Reaction score
At least you weren't reminded of them by a smoke alarm going off! hahah, that would have been unfortunate. Indeed any loss of cookies is. Oh the irony that we made you burn them! Did you make a new batch? :)

Reaction score
Yeah, that can be a problem. You could try using a computer-based timer, in addition to your normal timer. Or, maybe use a timer app on your smartphone.

Reaction score
No worries, I burnt Popcorn just reading and posting on these forums. Regardless of that, you should still eat them. Cookies taste fantastic even if they are a little burnt.

Reaction score
Ahh i feel your pain i can just imagine your mouth watering for those tasty cookies and for them to be burnt, how sad. The next time you're baking remember to set the timer.

Reaction score
See this is why you need to get a second timer and take it to the computer with you and put right next to the screen. It is way to easy to get sucked on and lose track of what you are doing in the kitchen.

Reaction score
As unfortunate this happened to you, I recently burnt a batch because I was talking on the phone and forgot about the cookies. Lol It happens. Timers could be our best friends if we allow them to be.

Reaction score
I never thought about having a timer on my computer, that is really a good idea. Today I am going to make a couple of batches of different cookies so I can freeze them for back to school. I will log off the computer before I put them in the oven this time though :)

Reaction score
I just overcooked a pie because I was posting new photos in the Disgusting Food ads thread, which I'm kind of obsessed with.

Ask a Question