Baking is a Science

Reaction score
I work in the enzyme field, specifically enzymes in baking. I think forums are a great way to understand the problems and issues that the baking community has and see if there is an enzyme solution that will fit. I'm also an amateur taste tester, so feel free to send yummy treats my way :)
(I'm joking, but I do love all baked goods!)

Reaction score
I work in the enzyme field, specifically enzymes in baking. I think forums are a great way to understand the problems and issues that the baking community has and see if there is an enzyme solution that will fit. I'm also an amateur taste tester, so feel free to send yummy treats my way :)
(I'm joking, but I do love all baked goods!)

Very interesting.I’m assuming there for commercial baking for things like fermentation. I know food scientists focus on commercial production. But with a growing interest in home baking and an expanding cottage food industry, is there any movement toward helping the home bakers and cottage food operators solve their production problems?

Reaction score
Very interesting.I’m assuming there for commercial baking for things like fermentation. I know food scientists focus on commercial production. But with a growing interest in home baking and an expanding cottage food industry, is there any movement toward helping the home bakers and cottage food operators solve their production problems?

For baking, we have specially formulated blends for dough conditioning and improved control over texture, volume, moisture, colour and taste. Our pack size is 25 kg, which is often more than a home baker requires, however, we are working with distributors to make our products more available.

Reaction score
For baking, we have specially formulated blends for dough conditioning and improved control over texture, volume, moisture, colour and taste. Our pack size is 25 kg, which is often more than a home baker requires, however, we are working with distributors to make our products more available.

There’s a online site called the modernist pantry that home cooks and bakers turn to for access for some commercial ingredients. I’ve purchased things like mono and diglycerides flakes, Expandex, Ultra-Tex and soy lecithin powder in small quantities from them. Since they already distribute to home cooks and bakers, and those that have some understanding of these types of ingredients, they may be someone your organization may want to talk to about distribution.

Reaction score
There’s a online site called the modernist pantry that home cooks and bakers turn to for access for some commercial ingredients. I’ve purchased things like mono and diglycerides flakes, Expandex, Ultra-Tex and soy lecithin powder in small quantities from them. Since they already distribute to home cooks and bakers, and those that have some understanding of these types of ingredients, they may be someone your organization may want to talk to about distribution.
Thank you! I sent them a message. Thanks for being so helpful!

Reaction score
It looks like you can help a lot of people here including me. Welcome to the forum!

Ask a Question